DirecTV issues? | Golden Skate

DirecTV issues?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Anyone else have this service and hate it? They're the only one we can get in our neighborhood and they suck. Anytime it's overly sunny, or rains at all the satelite is out. The customer service is also a joke. They basically tell us "well you could go back to just netflix and hulu." :unsure: I miss dish network.

Dreaswi

Rinkside
I have had direct tv for years and love it. Very rarely do I have a weather interruption (lived in Florida for years). Had daily storms and not a problem. I even managed to retain signal during a CAT 3 hurricane. CS has always bent over backwards to help.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I live in Montana Toni & had Direct Tv installed this past May. No issues with lost reception & we've had some powerful winds this summer. I can't comment yet on winter storms but the sun, rain, wind & smoke from forest fires hasn't had any effect this summer. I did have an issue on correcting a mistake I made & they were very helpful in discovering why I couldn't locate the options their TV site said I should use for the correction. So far, I'm happy with them.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's weird because folks up here, for the most part, aren't happy with them. I think it's because it's such a limited market in AK ("rural" at that) that they can get away with more.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I wonder if it's possible that their technicians aren't as well trained? Or as well supervised? I'd go online & complain directly to the main office.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well I call their 1800 support and that's where I get the most attitude. I had a guy speak slowly and very loudly to explain how TVs work... jerk.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
That is so wrong, Toni. Get their names before you explain your problem. If they are rude then tell them you are going to report them to the Better Business Bureau as well as their main headquarters in the lower 48.