Ladies SP JGP Lake Placid 2012 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP JGP Lake Placid 2012

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Now I watched the videos. There was no super baby skater in this competition. Their level are so close as we can see from scores.

Satoko deserved the first place in the short program. Her skating reminds me of Akiko Suzuki! Everything looks great but if she makes her jumps a bit higher, they will look better. Also the waltzy program is a bit boring for little girls.

Park also did a good job but did she plan to do 3S+3T? Or doesn't she have any other triples instead of salchow. I think that may not be enough for her to medal in the free skate.

Gerasimova had the best presentation for me, and the judges agreed so. She didn't put 3T+3T to her short program, maybe we will see in free. She is not a superstar but she looks promising, right? But for the Russian standards, it may not be enough to qualify for national teams.

US girls couldn't skate as they were expected to. Courtney is really bad in the presentation way, and her jumps weren't on. Only the spins were nice. Kiri Baga looks appropriate for pairs. She is talented but can't do harder jumps I suppose. Angela was going for the 3+3 maybe, but it didn't come out. Angela looks like the best one but her score is worst, let's see what happens in the free skate tonight.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I like Miyahara but agree with most of the comments about her.

I did notice that she changed the direction of the rotation on her last spin. Don't think I have seen that lately and anything that dares to be different in the CoP era is a welcome sight for me.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Park also did a good job but did she plan to do 3S+3T? Or doesn't she have any other triples instead of salchow. I think that may not be enough for her to medal in the free skate.

Gerasimova had the best presentation for me, and the judges agreed so. She didn't put 3T+3T to her short program, maybe we will see in free. She is not a superstar but she looks promising, right? But for the Russian standards, it may not be enough to qualify for national teams.

US girls couldn't skate as they were expected to. Courtney is really bad in the presentation way, and her jumps weren't on. Only the spins were nice. Kiri Baga looks appropriate for pairs. She is talented but can't do harder jumps I suppose. Angela was going for the 3+3 maybe, but it didn't come out. Angela looks like the best one but her score is worst, let's see what happens in the free skate tonight.

Park was going for the 3-3, she actually has all her triples but I think her lutz is not as consistent/she can't put a 3-3 off a lutz. Wang was going for a 3Lz-3T (she's landed it all summer!), but just had a bad SP. too bad, because I loved the flow she had.

icellist

On the Ice
I seriously thought Satoko Miyahara's combo was a 3Lutz-2Toe. I was completely surprised when I saw the protocols. The tech panel didn't even mark it underrotated!

PCS wise I thought Kiri Baga and Angela Wang should have been ahead of Gerasimova. Maybe it's just me but Gerasimova's program seemed sort of mocking to classical music. But, Baga had the flow and elegance. Wang had the skating skills. In the end, I'm not a judge...

More snubbed skaters: Kako Tomotaki was so captivating. Both Tomotaki and Wang had the best individual elements for me. Both have incredible centering in their spins (and twizzles) and secure, fast footwork. Truly a shame about Wang's jumps last night. Her 3Lutz-3Toe is so amazing in comparison to Miyahara's.... Oh, and Brooklee Han did a great job representing Australia but isn't she doing some Senior B's this year?

On a separate note, is it me or do Korean skaters have exceptional Salchows?