Ladies SP JGP Lake Placid 2012 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP JGP Lake Placid 2012

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Link to Ladies Preview, if you'd like to check out info about these skaters:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-Lake-Placid-Ladies-Preview&highlight=preview

Start Order

1 Netta SCHREIBER ISR

2 Angela WANG USA

3 Alaine Marie CHARTRAND CAN

4 Anhelina BOSKO ARG

5 Corinna Lijun LIN TPE

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Josefine TALJEGARD SWE

7 Deirdre FAEGRE IRL

8 Pernille SORENSEN DEN

9 Kako TOMOTAKI JPN

10 Beata PAPP FIN

Warm-Up Group 3
11 Tina STUERZINGER SUI

12 So Youn PARK KOR

13 Madelaine PARKER NZL

14 Brittany LAU SIN

15 Raya M. WILLOUGHBY MAS

Warm-Up Group 4
16 Tsz Ying Crystal CHIK HKG

17 Courtney HICKS USA

18 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK

19 Ji Hyun BYUN KOR

20 Evgenia GERASIMOVA RUS

Warm-Up Group 5
21 Clara BAIWIR BEL

22 Melanie SWANG THA

23 Brooklee HAN AUS

24 Kiri BAGA USA

25 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
This will be exciting!! I think US girls will do well, and the JGP assignment problems will be solved after this competition. I wish dear Kiri Baga shine like a star and Gerasimova show something good for her debut!

icemusings

On the Ice
I think it's going to be very interesting to see how Gerasimova does here as she's been overshadowed by Radionova's debut this season.

Country
Russia
Miyahara should easily win this with Hicks and Park as alternates
Satoko Miyahara scores
JGP 2011 Events - 162.20 and 143.24
WJC 2012 - 157.78
Asian Trophy August 07-12 2012 - 148.21
Asian Trophy SP 3Lz+3T<, 2F, FCSp1, other elements good.
Asian Trophy FS 2Lz, 3F, 3Lo(fall), 3T, 2A+3T, 3Lz+2T+2T, 3S+2T, non-jumping good.

So she was not in the best state less than a month ago.
What is her state now - we will see. If best - she wll be first. If no - she may be at not very high place.

About other skaters - I see about 5 girls (Korea Russia USA, countries in alphabetic order) of comparable level. So ice and only ice will show.

And we MUST remember - ice is slippery. At Courchevel only 8 of 27 girls had no deductions in FS.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Satoko Miyahara scores
JGP 2011 Events - 162.20 and 143.24
WJC 2012 - 157.78
Asian Trophy August 07-12 2012 - 148.21
Asian Trophy SP 3Lz+3T<, 2F, FCSp1, other elements good.
Asian Trophy FS 2Lz, 3F, 3Lo(fall), 3T, 2A+3T, 3Lz+2T+2T, 3S+2T, non-jumping good.

So she was not in the best state less than a month ago.
What is her state now - we will see. If best - she wll be first. If no - she may be at not very high place.

About other skaters - I see about 5 girls (Korea Russia USA, countries in alphabetic order) of comparable level. So ice and only ice will show.

And we MUST remember - ice is slippery. At Courchevel only 8 of 27 girls had no deductions in FS.

I know Miyahara can be either be Hot or Cold, her biggest problems are her low jumps which are now beginning to give her problems with under rotations ( see her bent knees technique since 2011 JGP and I know was the sign she will have problems ) but the ladies here isn't that much of a deep field, Hicks just came off from an injury so my expectations are a bit lower for her
Park is always a surprise, she was able to outscore Risa Shoji. Gerasimova I don't know much from her, how old is she ? is she as good as Titushkina at least ?

Country
Russia
Gerasimova I don't know much from her, how old is she ? is she as good as Titushkina at least ?

02 Jan 1998. Her places and scores past season were higher (but not very much higher) than Titushkina's.
But does it mean much?
For example, Tarasenko was 7th, Pitkeev 11th at Junior Nationals witn difference in score about 17. Now at JGP after SP Pitkeev is higher than Tarasenko.

See info, photos, videos http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?37420-Russian-skaters&p=652279&viewfull=1#post652279

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Gerasimova is another beautiful Russian girl:love: I think she will get a medal if she skates clean, because she doesn't have 3Lz if I'm not mistaken. Or 3F+3T. So only a clean skate can make her a medalist.

Titushkina wasn't faultless, she was a real debutant actually. But she did very well, very promising. Although she wasn't at the level of Lipnitskaya or Radionova. Gerasimova isn't that level, too. She isn't at the same level with Titushkina technically as I can see, but she seem to have a better presentation. So I think presentation side of her skating may be an advantage. Actually I'm very curious to see what she will do here.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

I dont think so, from this season
I can only see 4 Russians this season that are really good enough to medal or go to JGPF
Radionova, Shershak, Titushkina and Agafonova
the rest are a bit underwhelming and inconsistent

this isn't much of a deep field so maybe there will be surprises
Top 3 here would be Miyahara, Hicks and Park

Country
Russia
Gerasimova is another beautiful Russian girl:love: I think she will get a medal if she skates clean, because she doesn't have 3Lz if I'm not mistaken. Or 3F+3T. So only a clean skate can make her a medalist.
Only Shershak of Russian girls who pretend on JGP Events, hasn't all 5 triples. All other girls have.

Gerasimova has 3Lz and 3Lz+2T, with GOE between 0 and +1 (mostly).
She performed 3Lz+3T< and 3Lz+3T<< and 3F+3T< and 3T+3T (most often 3F+3T<) in past season, but now combos may be better.

Clean skating in SP and FS, I believe, will give medal Myahara, So Joun Park, Gerasimova, any of three american skaters (if clean skating in both SP and FS will show not more than three of them).

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Only Shershak of Russian girls who pretend on JGP Events, hasn't all 5 triples. All other girls have.

Gerasimova has 3Lz and 3Lz+2T, with GOE between 0 and +1 (mostly).
She performed 3Lz+3T< and 3Lz+3T<< and 3F+3T< and 3T+3T (most often 3F+3T<) in past season, but now combos may be better.

Clean skating in SP and FS, I believe, will give medal Myahara, So Joun Park, Gerasimova, any of three american skaters (if clean skating in both SP and FS will show not more than three of them).

Thanks for the information AlexRus, I didn't notice she had all the triples. I think we can see improvement from Gerasimova in this competition.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
^

I dont think so, from this season
I can only see 4 Russians this season that are really good enough to medal or go to JGPF

this isn't much of a deep field so maybe there will be surprises
Top 3 here would be Miyahara, Hicks and Park

But Russian federation send Gerasimova alone to this competition. So I think they expect her to medal. Or why they didn't send Agafonova? She will be competing next week in Austria and there will be Radionova who will probably beat her. That will make her chance less. Austria will be a very difficult competition.

I think medal chance of American, Japenese, Korean and Russian girls are equal in this competition like AlexRus.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
But Russian federation send Gerasimova alone to this competition. So I think they expect her to medal. Or why they didn't send Agafonova? She will be competing next week in Austria and there will be Radionova who will probably beat her. That will make her chance less. Austria will be a very difficult competition.

I think medal chance of American, Japenese, Korean and Russian girls are equal in this competition like AlexRus.

some feds prefer to send weaker reps to a particular event for other reasons ( stronger home court advantange or travel cost expenses ? ), also China hasn't send anyone on Lake Placid ? though I agree anything can happen here as no one is really a clear frontrunner maybe Miyahara, I am more interested how Hicks will be doing coming from her injury.

Country
Russia
^

Rating of members of "Team Russia" afier season 2011/12 is about this:
Radionova (leader much better than others)
Agafonova
Shershak
Gerasimova
Stavitskaia
Zaseeva
Titushkina
And also are three girls in "Team Russia" scored lower than Titushkina, but not much lower.
Also are Gosviani and maybe Deeva (we will see her in Minsk at Ice Star - first after Junior Nationals).

Titushkina's bronse medal is a success, but don't forget that this medal is on half (or more) "gift" from Lam and Cain because of their mistakes.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Rating of members of "Team Russia" afier season 2011/12 is about this:
Radionova (leader much better than others)
Agafonova
Shershak
Gerasimova
Stavitskaia
Zaseeva
Titushkina
And also are three girls in "Team Russia" scored lower than Titushkina, but not much lower.
Also are Gosviani and maybe Deeva (we will see her in Minsk at Ice Star - first after Junior Nationals).

Titushkina's bronse medal is a success, but don't forget that this medal is on half (or more) "gift" of Lam and Cain because of their mistakes.

Oh is Titushkina really that bad? I think you don't like her, or she really did an impossible thing by skating like that in Courchevel cause she was very good.

Country
Russia
Oh is Titushkina really that bad? I think you don't like her, or she really did an impossible thing by skating like that in Courchevel cause she was very good.
May be not. It is of results of previous season. New season - newly rated.

Ulyana is not bad - others were some better.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
some feds prefer to send weaker reps to a particular event for other reasons ( stronger home court advantange or travel cost expenses ? ), also China hasn't send anyone on Lake Placid ? though I agree anything can happen here as no one is really a clear frontrunner maybe Miyahara, I am more interested how Hicks will be doing coming from her injury.
May be, russian federation of figure skating is afraid of this event.
Miyahara, three americans, So Youn Park.
We newer underestimate american skaters, especially at home. "At home and native walls help" - tells russian prowerb.

8 hours difference of time - Ladies SP starts at 10 p.m. of Moscow time, when skaters go to bed to get up at 06 a.m. (trainings often are at wery early time). Ladies FS starts at 0 a.m. of Moscow time, when they all sleep.
It is not good - to skate at the time when you at home sleep.

So Federation does not wait good results.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
USA's Angela Wang has been landing 3Lz+3T consistently in competition this summer and I expect/hope she will do well in Lake Placid. She has the highest summer competition total score of the LP competitors and of the U.S. club competitions I've been tracking in my blog:

167.36 Angela Wang 108.77 (FS) CO Champs, Jr.
148.21 Satoko Miyahara JPN 98.92 (FS) Asian Trophy, J1
144.23 Courtney Hicks 96.68 LA Open, Sr.
139.24 Kiri Baga 90.07 (FS) Skate Milwaukee, Sr.
136.62 Nicole Rajic SVK 85.72 (FS) Lake Placid FS, Sr. (she qualified for 2012 US Nationals in Junior but WD & elected to switch to SVK where he parents were born and she can speak the language)
110.90 Alaine Chartrand CAN 73.25 (FS), Minto, Jr.
103.50 Brittany Lau SIN Skate Dallas, Sr.
90.58 Corinna Lin TPE 60.52 (FS) Empire State Games, Sr.
86.78 Netta Schreiber ISR 56.63 (FS) Lake Placid FS, Novice

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
We newer underestimate american skaters, especially at home. "At home and native walls help" - tells russian prowerb.

8 hours difference of time - Ladies SP starts at 10 p.m. of Moscow time, when skaters go to bed to get up at 06 a.m.

So Federation does not wait good results.

exactly the reason, I think they don't count much on Gersaimova medaling
they will be saving the better skaters in other JGP events with the likes of Radionova, Shershak, Titushkina etc.