2012 - 2013 Season Russian Cup Series & Other Russian Qualifiers | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2012 - 2013 Season Russian Cup Series & Other Russian Qualifiers

Country
Russia
Why is Russian Federation happy to release someone who even at such a young age is getting such a good results? If this competition is equivalent to novice championships and Tursynbaeva came second, aren't they worried that this girl may potentially steal future medals from Russian girls?
She was 13th at Junior Nationals.
Russia has Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Medvedeva of same age, Radionova 1 year elder. It is not so simple (for now - almost impossible) for Tursynbaeva to win any of them.

siela

On the Ice
Why is Russian Federation happy to release someone who even at such a young age is getting such a good results? If this competition is equivalent to novice championships and Tursynbaeva came second, ...

That is not quite so. This competition is not equivalent to novice championships. It is only a qualification event for novice championship. I doubt Tursynbaeva will place that high at real novice event. But she is really good and her progress from last year is remarkable.

Country
Russia
Moscow Qualifiers to Nationals (Elder age).
04-07 Mar 2013.
Men and Ladies born at 1996 and younger. Program Junior.
There are also Pairs and Ice Dance, but for them it is not a qualifying competition to national level (Pairs and Ice Dance qualify by Russian Cup Events).
Best 6 Men and best 6 Ladies qualify to Nationals (Elder age) where best skaters (4 to 6 Men and 4 to 6 Ladies) qualify to Team Russia next season.

http://ffkm.ru/index.php/12-competitions/275-pervstvozrast2013 (Russian)

Past season medalists of Moscow qualifiers were at Ladies Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Kajumova.
They also were medalists of Nationals (Elder age).

Past season medalists of Moscow qualifiers were at Men Samarin (takes place at JrWorlds-2013), Pitkeev, Kvitelashvili.

Last edited:
Country
Russia

Videos Junior Ladies SP http://www.youtube.com/user/mihsersh/videos?view=0
(here will be also other videos)
Also videos http://sportvisor.ru/video/#127/0/2542

It is just Moscow Qualifiers to "third sort Russian Nationals" (first - Senior, second - Junior Nationals), best skaters don't take place - they had all they wanted at 1st and 2nd sort nationals, best of the best few days ago competed at Jr Worlds or are preparing to Sr Worlds.
Competitors are at most very young girls, many of them were at qalifiers to Novice Nationals (Zhuk).

But level is not so low - in SP first two landed 3+3 combo, only 7 of 30 performed 2F, other 23 at least tried 3F, all 30 tried combo with first triple (and 19 of them had non-negative GOE for combo).

So I recommend the videos.

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Thank you for the links, some skaters here are really interesting... Will Li be age-eligible for next year JGP?

Country
Russia

Junior Men, first 6 who qualified to Nationals (Elder age).
FPl. Name TotalScore SP FS
1 Stanislav Andryunin 200.90 2 1
2 Dmitry Mikhailov 193.17 5 2
3 Eugene Vlasov 192.69 3 3
4 Daniil Bernadiner 187.85 1 5
5 Roman Savosin 184.67 4 4
6 Ilya Petrov 178.83 6 6

Junior Ladies, first 6 who qualified to Nationals (Elder age).
FPl. Name TotalScore SP FS
1 Elisabeth Tursynbaeva 159.69 1 2
2 Julia Li 159.56 5 1
3 Alexandra Proklova 155.57 4 3
4 Viktoria Bezrukova 154.08 2 4
5 Elizaveta Yuschenko 148.42 6 5
6 Valeria Evseeva 146.73 3 8

We see, 5 of 6 girls also qualified to Novice Nationals (Zhuk).
Unfortunalely, there is lack or elder than Zhuk-eligible skaters.

Country
Russia
Will Li be age-eligible for next year JGP?
She is eligible this season, born 12 Jun 1999, and also will be eligible next season.
But she may have not JGP Events because of other high level girls. 7 places (if two Events for the place) - it will not be enough for all good Russian girls.

Country
Russia
Thank you for the links, some skaters here are really interesting...
These competitions (both Elder Age and Zhuk) - look in the future.
Not all medalists of these competitions become famous skaters, but...
Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Gosviani, Radionova, Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaya - any of them has several medals (at least two) of this level.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
She is eligible this season, born 12 Jun 1999, and also will be eligible next season.
But she may have not JGP Events because of other high level girls. 7 places (if two Events for the place) - it will not be enough for all good Russian girls.
I think she will: she has a 7-triples FS and I think that RSF will prefer sending Radionova-Pogorilaya to GP instead of Biryukova-Makarova-Shelepen, so there will be "free" spots in the JGP for Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Medvedeva, Li... How old are Tursynbaeva and Proklova?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think she will: she has a 7-triples FS and I think that RSF will prefer sending Radionova-Pogorilaya to GP instead of Biryukova-Makarova-Shelepen, so there will be "free" spots in the JGP for Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Medvedeva, Li... How old are Tursynbaeva and Proklova?

Tursynbaeva will be representing Kazakhstan not Russia in her JGP debut this coming season
I see no advantage of having Radionova compete in GP she is ineligible for Sochi, maybe Pogorilaya can do Senior GP but Radionova ???
baring injuries Sotskova, Sakhanovich, Medvedeva should get 2 slots also Radionova if she stays in junior

vera01

Final Flight
I won't mind if Radionova competes in JGP next season-I don't think she'll be able to qualify for the Finals if she competes in senior GP unless top skaters decide not to compete at GP next season.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Tursynbaeva will be representing Kazakhstan not Russia in her JGP debut this coming season
But will the Russian federation allow her to train with a Russian coach and represent another country? Who is she coached by?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
But will the Russian federation allow her to train with a Russian coach and represent another country? Who is she coached by?

She is coached by Eteri Tutberidze, Julia's coach
probably the Kazakhstan Fed will let her train in Russia but pay for the fees

Country
Russia
IHow old are Tursynbaeva and Proklova?
Proklova 05 Apr 2000.
Tursynbaeva 14 Feb 2000.
Both will be eligible to Junior Internationals next season (Tursynbaeva - for Kazakstan, two spots of Kazakstan are for her).

Julia Lil has not 3+3 combo.
At JrNats 6 girls landed clean (no URs, non-negative GOE) 3Lz+3T combo in SP, and one more girl landed it in FS, plus one (of them who had not clean 3Lz+3T in SP) landed in FS clean 3F+3T. Also there are girls landing 3T+3T, 3S+3T.
So girls who have not 3+3 have not a serious chance to JGP.