TV Alert | Golden Skate

TV Alert

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Last night? I could swear that was a few days ago...anyway...Aunt Joyce has this interview and I agree thank goodness forv McKayla Maroney. She is the sharpest, and witty, mas well as being the world's best female vaulter of all time (or was there someone better janetfan?).

They were hysterical all doing the famous McKayla silver medal pout. Gabby was especially good at mimicing. I think they will become great freinds or arch enemies with their 40 city tour. Since you are going, we hope for a great janetfan review and maybe sekret video of what we are missing.

What city will you see them in? Is this the mens and ladies gymnastics team that went to London? Will alternates or former stars like Nasty and Shaun be on tour? Please tell us the format...will there be four apparatus with real routines or is this like a vegas Cirque type thing with glam or glitz. I have never seen something like this live or on TV. Thanks for any insight jf.:popcorn:

The Fierce Five will be on Letterman tonight :)

I saw it. The girls were very witty, especially McKayla as you point out, Skateluvr, though as before Gabby tends to speak in platitudes ("I wanted to inspire the nation"), but she's a teenager and gets to be inexperienced and self-protective. I love that most of them wore really chic shoes, and I equally loved that Jordyn Wieber seemed to have on ballet flats. David Letterman was unusually restrained for him, very respectful, and he let them look good. It was so nice that he gave each of them a long-stemmed red rose.

I hope one of us GS folk goes to the gymnastics event and reports about it here.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched and was proud of them. I felt like they were being a little too sophisticated until they all started giggling at the same time like young girls do at times. I thought Dave was very good with them.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We played back this segment of the Letterman show. Loved listening to the Fierce Five! I'm not the biggest Letterman fan (I prefer Jay Leno), and I did love his mom's role @ the Nagano Olympics and I do like his "Top Ten" lists. I think David should do his research better, though (some of the questions he asked the ladies showed a lack of preparedness for the conversation (not knowing that the ladies in gymnastics don't do the pommel horse - Come on, Dave, even if you're a once every four years Olympics watcher, you'd hopefully realize that pommel horse is part of the men's competition, not the ladies'). I thought it was a very sweet gesture to present the ladies with a single stemmed rose, although I thought it would have been even nicer for him to present it to each of of them individually.

We have attended the gymnastics tour in the past. While I would :love: to go again in order to see the gymnasts, I was disappointed in the tour 4 years ago, not because of the gymnasts, but because there were several live teeny bopper musical performers. We paid to see the athletes, not the singers with questionable talent. I'm not saying that all of the younger musical performers are not talented, but to us, the point was seeing the gymnasts. So far, I can't convince my husband to get tickets for this year's tour, and I'm not sure I can convince a friend to join me for that reason.

That's too bad, iluvtodd. I understand your husband's reluctance, though. A lot of live events have music that is not only too teenybopper for me (and I didn't even love most of it when I was a teenybopper) but waaaayyy toooooo louddddd. There's a special thrill, though, being in the same space as such skilled athletes, even if one is in the way back seats.