Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Oh my goodness. Richard didn't only do a Rippon Lutz, he did a Ruppon Lutz combo! That was awesome!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezleRILtPTs#t=2m28s

Of course it will be more awesome if it was a 3-3, but hey I hope that will come later.
    It was indeed a 3-3! Very impressed by him.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Was Hanyu still injured? Some of his movements seemed sloppy and he forgot/changed the ina bauer before the flip. Hopefully he was staggering off the ice b/c he was exhausted and not b/c he was injured.
    I think he was exhausted. That program is jammed packed! He doesn't really take a break in the beginning cause of the 2 quads and the 3A and then after two spins he does three combos back to back. Two quads, six triples. Pretty intense stuff!

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy View Post
    It was indeed a 3-3! Very impressed by him.
    Actually you're right..was reading the wrong line on the protcal sheet. So yes, very impressive!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Good grief ! Dramatics ? The guy is seriously asthmatic...
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 10-06-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Custom Title
    Oh my goodness. Richard didn't only do a Rippon Lutz, he did a Ruppon Lutz combo! That was awesome!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezleRILtPTs#t=2m28s

Of course it will be more awesome if it was a 3-3, but hey I hope that will come later.
    Kudos and congrats.

I am adding Dornbush to my short list of Men with nice Donut spins, with Plushenko(!) and Han Yan. Those with ugly ones who shouldn't are Hanyu and J Brown.

Custom Title
    I like Hanyu a lot - but his dramatics at the end of his programs need to stop. Its a huge turn off - he's like this for every program, injured or not.
    He's like this when he has a very good performance, actually. But unfortunately he doesn't always have very good performances I can understand not liking it though.
    It might seem that he always does this because he did at Worlds, which was his last competition.

Custom Title
    Hanyu almost always staggers off the ice seemingly unable to breathe. It's his thing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Kudos and congrats.

I am adding Dornbush to my short list of Men with nice Donut spins, with Plushenko(!) and Han Yan. Those with ugly ones who shouldn't are Hanyu and J Brown.
    Dornbush doesn't really get into a circular position though. It's kinda like be only bends his knees and not his back. I prefer Hanyu's donut spin b/c it's nice and circular, but one spin that I think Hanyu and should never do is the outside edge forward camel. To me it looks bad b/c he looks like he is dangling his arms to get onto the outside edge. I dislike it even more than his biellmann spin.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Then what he needs to do is incorporate more rests in his program, because - asthma or not - him flopping around all over the ice at the end is unbecoming and a huge turn off. And I'm actually a fan!

Custom Title
    Then what he needs to do is incorporate more rests in his program, because - asthma or not - him flopping around all over the ice at the end is unbecoming and a huge turn off. And I'm actually a fan!
    Well, in his defense, he is not "flopping around all over the ice", he's just flopping on the centre of the ice rink (lol). But I'll give the kid a break, he's obviously too tired to think about his presentation.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Nan Song had barely recovered from a serious illness before his 2011 4CC skate at high altitude. He staggered off the ice with purple lips and various senses shut down, but he held off the actual collapse and was hospitalized after.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Well, in his defense, he is not "flopping around all over the ice", he's just flopping on the centre of the ice rink (lol). But I'll give the kid a break, he's obviously too tired to think about his presentation.
    And I'm sure if it's a problem, Orser will give him a talking to!

Custom Title
    Updated video list for the Men's Free Skate:-

MEN'S LONG PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) - 248.13
    2. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 239.99
    3. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 235.20
    4. Johnny WEIR (USA) - 201.42
    5. Zhan BUSH (RUS) - 194.29
    6. Misha GE (UZB) - 187.92
    7. Kento NAKAMURA (JPN) - 187.42
    8. Adrian SCHULTHEISS (SWE) - 177.84
    9. Maciej CIEPLUCHA (POL) - 177.82
    10. Valtter VIRTANEN (FIN) 151.93
    11. Mikael REDIN (SUI) - 146.27
    12. Matthias VERSLUIS (FIN) - 144.92
    13. Julian LAGUS (FIN) - 134.46
    14. Viktor ZUBIK (FIN) - 131.06
    15. Samuel KOPPEL (EST) - 118.90

Custom Title
    I like Hanyu's music, but after watching the video, I'm not enamored of the choreography and don't see that much musical interpretation going on. Lots of histrionic flailing. I think he was indeed overscored on PCS, IMO he's a 7's level skater not the 8's at least on performance and interpretation. Fernandez was better on that dimension in this competition.

Custom Title
    And I'm sure if it's a problem, Orser will give him a talking to!

A talking to once in a while is good but the kid is still growing up. At least he has ditched Winnie The Pooh.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast