Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Julia is a unique skater, so happy she won! And did clean 3Lz-3T, very impressive! Can't wait to watch
    I know Julia is still young - is she going to be age eligible for Sochi?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Yes she is - she made the cut off point by just 25 days.
    Last edited by Mao88; 10-07-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Yes, she is. She will turn 15 next June

Thanks - it would be a shame if such a talented young skater missed the chance to compete at the Olympics, especially on home ice.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    He has asthma. And Colorado Springs is not the summit of K2. Give it a rest.
    Too bad I don't take orders. Nobody knows how severe Yuzuru's asthma is and many skaters have asthma. I applauded him for his performance and improvements in both his skating and his stamina. I agreed it was a bit of "dramatics" what he did at the end of the program. What I disagree with is that "dramatics" is always bad and talking about it is disparaging. Many skaters give entertaining dramatics and are adored for their personalities, which of course are subject to personal tastes. Lighten up, if I too may give a little advice.

Custom Title
    Honestly I can’t see any improvement in his stamina, maybe the opposite... drama or not he really struggles to breath at the end of the FS, and it takes some minutes to fully recover from it, as you can see at the beginning of the medal cerimony where he isn’t breathing normally yet.
    Last edited by giulia95; 10-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Honestly I can’t see any improvement in his stamina, maybe the opposite... drama or not he really struggles to breath at the end of the FS, and it takes some minutes to fully recover from it, as you can see at the beginning of the medal cerimony where he isn’t breathing normally yet.
    This program is more packed than his earlier ones which gave him a break in the middle. Yet he used to have failed jumps near the end but not this time. My observation is strictly from the performance which is what matters. Actually I saw the improvement over the course of last season.

Custom Title
    I think it's not even possible to compare this FS to R&J FS. That was a masterpiece and a signature programm.

Hanyu will need much more stamina and perfect jumps to survive to the JN blood battle with the actual programms , unfortunately.

And , most important thing, he will need to be healthy.
    Last edited by giulia95; 10-07-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Custom Title
    I am not a fan of his R&J or maybe it's not the program but that I appreciate his current skating and performance more. He may get stronger under Orser, who emphasizes fitness training, which has also been urged for his other big name student, Fernandez, who could use better stamina as well. Another skater with serious stamina problem is Brezina. It's always a shame when great jumpers fail at easier jumps near the end of the program. It is great to see Yuzuru complete his whole program and all its elements.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Too bad I don't take orders. Nobody knows how severe Yuzuru's asthma is and many skaters have asthma. I applauded him for his performance and improvements in both his skating and his stamina. I agreed it was a bit of "dramatics" what he did at the end of the program. What I disagree with is that "dramatics" is always bad and talking about it is disparaging. Many skaters give entertaining dramatics and are adored for their personalities, which of course are subject to personal tastes. Lighten up, if I too may give a little advice.
    Oh, please. Your constant criticism of Hanyu (and Takahashi), in this thread and elsewhere, is annoying and over the top; that you grudgingly throw in some positives doesn't change the tone of your comments. Is it possible that you have identified a threat to your favorite?

I realize you fancy yourself a medical authority, an expert in the field of psychology, and a guru of sorts, but really - you are just another forum poster, and people can and will disagree with you. If you can't handle engaging in a debate that does not end with "oh guru SF, you're so smart and always right", I would suggest sticking to the fanfest section.

On a happier note, I would like to applaud and congratulate Yuzuru Hanyu for a strong LP skate and for landing a 4S, Ricky Dornbush for an excellent performance, Johnny Weir for walking his talk, Julia Lipnitskaia for an awesome start to her senior career, Mirai Nagasu and Kiira Korpi for their successful season debuts and Bobrova/Soloviev for getting a nice international win.

I can't wait until there are links to the ladies FS. i'm really happy for Julia. I enjoy her skating and her progress. Interested to see both Kiira and Mirai. One good think I will say about Mirai's short (well two) is that

1) At least she is practicing triple-triple combinations to the point where she thinks she may be able to land them in competition again. This is a good step forward.
    2) After she fell she didn't give up.

Thanks Mao88 for all information and links, especially to the men's. I'll catch up with them as soon as possible.

As for Hanyu The dramatical finish reminds me of cross country skiers after their races. That's sport! Give it your all As a fact lots of skiers have asthma(often from training in cold weather) and there are medications they are allowed to use.

Anyway, I enjoy Hanyu's skating so much. He is still young and I don't mind if he has ups and downs. Only he and his closest people know what problems he has to work on. One day he will be on top of the podium. Looking forward to following his carrier

Watching the yle TV stream now. Sorry for Kiira missing so many jumps. I thought she had found a new confidence.

Lipnitskaya next, I know she won, congrats to her

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Lipnitskaya starts the second international season so strong, she is still very young but has this cold ice skating attitude which I really love. Maybe people want her to be more artistic and have more connection, but for her age I admire she switches on and just goes for it. She has been skating clean or almost clean back to back. What people think about her jump technique? She lands her jumps but I m really not expert so I dont know if she has a good base except for the flutz.

Is Mirai without a coach?

Custom Title
    Now, now Buttercup....Skatefiguring is called guru affectionately by his friends so there is no need to gibe at him for it. Do not take things so seriously.

I do love Hanyu's skating and I can see his improvement from last year. Hope that he gets better stamina - he certainly has the goods to be on top. Just a bit of maturity and experience is what he needs.

Before you discount what I say let me give you my current favourites
    Patrick followed by Kozuka, Hanyu and then Fernandes.

I loved Dai when he was younger but somehow find him too over the top these days these days.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast