Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7

Last edited by Macassar88; 10-07-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Julia is always perfect, and that 3Lz+3T impressed me a lot! But the program is really boring, both the music and the choreography repetitive, and, even if her skating looks a bit more mature than last year, she's always focusing on the jumps. you can easily see that, from the beginning till the end of the music, her thoughts are just "I have to land my jumps, I have to do my spins!", but she has still a lot of years to improve this aspect of her presentation.
    I'm happy Mirai landed a clean 2A+3T, I think it's the first time since 4CC in 2011, happy for her, she's on the right path, especially noting that her PCS is a lot higher than what she usually receives!
    I would like to watch Kiira's video, because it looks like she still has probelms... But I think they are mental problems, not technical ones.

Custom Title
    Glad for Yuzuru, but I don't like this LP at all may be because his program last year is too good! (but wow such a improvement on skating skills and the program is more complex). May be with time the program will be better!

On other hand, love the sp!

Congrat to Julia too! This will be her season!

BTW, it so funny to see fan of certain skater nitpick him all the time!
    Last edited by treeloving; 10-07-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Now, now Buttercup....Skatefiguring is called guru affectionately by his friends so there is no need to gibe at him for it. Do not take things so seriously.

I do love Hanyu's skating and I can see his improvement from last year. Hope that he gets better stamina - he certainly has the goods to be on top. Just a bit of maturity and experience is what he needs.

Before you discount what I say let me give you my current favourites
    Patrick followed by Kozuka, Hanyu and then Fernandes.

I loved Dai when he was younger but somehow find him too over the top these days these days.
    Well, you know what they say - don't believe your own hype I have no issue with Chan fans in general and I'm even friends with some ... I just don't see any need to denigrate other skaters, their abilities and personalities just to make one's favorite appear better.

I like Dai when he has good programs. He does not have good programs this year. Neither, for that matter, does Hanyu. I have yet to see Kozuka and Oda's programs, I need to get around to that, but so far I'm generally underwhelmed by this years' programs. Save us, Ingo!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Nobody knows how severe Yuzuru's asthma is and many skaters have asthma.
    Since nobody knows the severity of his asthma, isn't it better to give him the benefit of the doubt that asthma might play a big role in his stamina issues? I know it's assumptions either way you look at it. Asthma doesn't always affect everyone similarly so to say b/c skater A can do it, skater B should be able to too sounds a bit callous to the problem.

Hanyu might have completed his whole program, but he was skating through most of the music. Maybe I just don't like the music...Then again it's his first competition of the season and it's good to have something to work towards. It looked like he was either behind the music or forgot to put in the layback ina bauer before the flip.

I'm happy that Mirai is finally going for the 3T combos in her programs with the 3T-3T in the short and the 2A-3T in the long so early in the season, but I'm wondering if it is a little too late. I wish she was practicing these combos in early seasons too. Poor girl, it seems like her underrotation problems just won't ever go away
    Last edited by FTnoona; 10-07-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Since nobody knows the severity of his asthma, isn't it better to give him the benefit of the doubt that asthma might play a big role in his stamina issues? I know it's assumptions either way you look at it. Asthma doesn't always affect everyone similarly so to say b/c skater A can do it, skater B should be able to too sounds a bit callous to the problem.

Hanyu might have completed his whole program, but he was skating through most of the music. Maybe I just don't like the music...Then again it's his first competition of the season and it's good to have something to work towards. It looked like he was either behind the music or forgot to put in the layback ina bauer before the flip.

I'm happy that Mirai is finally going for the 3T combos in her programs with the 3T-3T in the short and the 2A-3T in the long so early in the season, but I'm wondering if it is a little too late. I wish she was practicing these combos in early seasons too. Poor girl, it seems like her underrotation problems just won't ever go away
    Mirai definitely did practice those combos in early seasons and landed both of them in competition as recently as the 2010-2011 season (so 2 years ago now) unless I'm mistaken... I don't believe she tried the 3T-3T in competition last year, though (again unless I'm mistaken( she landed the 2A-3T last year in competitions as well. She also landed both combos in the Olympic year. My memory is fuzzy before that. For whatever reason she felt unable to do them last year, but she's only 18- I don't think I'd say for sure yet that this is too little too late.

I will admit the UR calls, if they continue, are a big problem.

Custom Title
    I'm not sure too many people could have tacked on another rotated 3T after that tilted first 3T that Mirai produced, which caused her to land with very little speed for the second jump. If she gets good flow, I think she can definitely do the second 3T, her 2A-3Ts this season thus far have been very good.

She actually never did a successful 2A-3T last season, it was always 2A-2T except all the way back in Glacier Falls 2011 where she got a downgrade anyways.

Custom Title
    There is no need for me to respond to personal attacks but I just want to clear up that Guru SF is a joke persona on the Patrick fan thread to lead his nervous fans to hum Ohmmmmm as a means to relax and calm down at an anxious time. There is no implied superiority but a continuing fun with jokes of bestowing all kinds of titles among the posters. It's a light hearted thread where Patrick himself is made fun of.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Mirai definitely did practice those combos in early seasons and landed both of them in competition as recently as the 2010-2011 season (so 2 years ago now) unless I'm mistaken... I don't believe she tried the 3T-3T in competition last year, though (again unless I'm mistaken( she landed the 2A-3T last year in competitions as well. She also landed both combos in the Olympic year. My memory is fuzzy before that. For whatever reason she felt unable to do them last year, but she's only 18- I don't think I'd say for sure yet that this is too little too late.

I will admit the UR calls, if they continue, are a big problem.
    Sorry by practicing I meant putting them in competition to get the feel and confidence for them. I know she's done triple triple when she was younger, but I mean she hasn't really been doing them consistently like every competition. It seems like she doesn't want to take the risk. She's 19 and the younger girls are a coming. I wanna see her at worlds at least one more time :(

Custom Title
    Considering it´s early in the season, the medalists in men´s freeskate were really awesome. It was wonderful to be able to watch the skating of these guys live!!! I was also impressed by Misha Ge, what a funny guy he is!

Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Sorry by practicing I meant putting them in competition to get the feel and confidence for them. I know she's done triple triple when she was younger, but I mean she hasn't really been doing them consistently like every competition. It seems like she doesn't want to take the risk. She's 19 and the younger girls are a coming. I wanna see her at worlds at least one more time :(
    I agree... I really hope this will be a bounce-back season for her!

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I agree... I really hope this will be a bounce-back season for her!
    I agree too then, actually

THANK YOU sky_fly for posting Julia!

Kiira never looked better, she skated beautifully, so happy for her, and what a vision. She is such a movie star beauty. First program of hers I loved, just oerfect for her.

Custom Title
    Mirai's LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6h8...ure=plpp_video

Her jumps are looking quite high, that lutz (even with the edge) was really good. All that extra time working out is showing too, she looks in great shape.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast