Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCdSZ-sZJc&feature=plcp
    Weir's SP!
    Considering that it's a Gaga program and that it's Johnny Weir, he's wearing an especially conservative costume
    This user has some other vids as well like Hanyu
    Last edited by Macassar88; 10-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.

OMG, Johnny really took me by surprise! It's like he's gotten much better than he was prior olympics!

Custom Title
    I'm impressed with Hanyu's performance and think he's improved much in PCS areas. Johnny Weir, not impressed with his program at all. As usual, he has good carriage and presence, but the program is rather empty.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Wow, thanks for the report! I guess Julia's injury is not that serious.
    Julia was never injured, she only took 3 days rest from having some sort of problem adjusting to her new skating boots
    that's why she skipped the test skates

Custom Title
    Good start for Weir. However, Weir's SP TES was only 31.94, which is below the required minimum score of 35 for the World Championship. Luckily he has at least two more ISU competitions to get the minimum score.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia was never injured, she only took 3 days rest from having some sort of problem adjusting to her new skating boots
    that's why she skipped the test skates
    Thank you for the clarification I was really worried for her.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Good start for Weir. However, Weir's SP TES was only 31.94, which is below the required minimum score of 35 for the World Championship. Luckily he has at least two more ISU competitions to get the minimum score.
    I wonder what he missed. Spin levels?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I wonder what he missed. Spin levels?
    His 4T is <<, with negative GOE ending up netting 2.12 points. Minor - GOE on 3Lz2T. I am surprised and think his StSq is over-scored, receiving level 3 and positive GOE seeing he stumbled in it. High PCS put him in 4th but I think at early season, a Men skater needs mid 70s to contend when the top Men will get 80's later in the season.

eta. It's his jumps he needs to work on. He did not receive any positive GOE overall for his jumps. I think his scores will improve because he has high PCS to depend on and jumps will get better later.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 10-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

I strongly dislike Javi's SP. It's not as empty as a Morozov program, but the tackiness level is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    His 4T is <<, with negative GOE ending up netting 2.12 points. Minor - GOE on 3Lz2T. I am surprised and think his StSq is over-scored, receiving level 3 and positive GOE seeing he stumbled in it. High PCS put him in 4th but I think at early season, a Men skater needs mid 70s to contend when the top Men will get 80's later in the season.
    I think you have to make some allowances for the fact that he hasn't competed since Vancouver; not everyone is like Plushenko, who can show up and do a program with no mistakes and all the content after two years away from skating. And really, I wouldn't make too much of one early season event. If this continues to be a pattern on the GP, then it becomes cause for concern.

Johnny going for the 4T was a good sign, IMO. He has to get comfortable with putting it in his programs if he wants to be taken seriously.

Custom Title
    Actually, Johnny has surprised me a little. My mind was full with his painted face and weird costumes and standing on ice movements. He was quite good. As of exactly where he is standing, we have to wait and see as the season goes. His usual flares were there but his jumps were wild. But good for him! What was the "human hair" he was talking about? On his shoulders?

ETA:

I like Hanyu's this program. He's matured so much. His program seemed much more detailed. And I like Fernandez's SP too. His jumps were so high and looked easy. Has Fernandez lost some weight from last season? He is slimmer.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 10-05-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Are there any videos of Lipnitskaya?
    Oh, wait. The ladies competition is tomorrow. Never mind.
    Last edited by DianaSelene; 10-05-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    What was the "human hair" he was talking about? On his shoulders?
    All skaters use human hair, at least when they are young and competing.

ETA:

I like Hanyu's this program. He's matured so much. His program seemed much more detailed. And I like Fernandez's SP too. His jumps were so high and looked easy. Has Fernandez lost some weight from last season? He is slimmer.
    I couldn't recognize Javi from the video, not his face nor his body. He is jumping well even this time of the season.

Custom Title
    All skaters use human hair, at least when they are young and competing.
    Really? Sounds really...

I couldn't recognize Javi from the video, not his face nor his body. He is jumping well even this time of the season.
    Me too! After a few seconds into his program, I had to double check the title of the video to make sure that it was indeed Fernandez's video.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Really? Sounds really...
    They all have their own hair, which some fuss a great deal over to put it to good use.

Custom Title
    They all have their own hair, which some fuss a great deal over to put it to good use.
    Of course, everybody has hair, well, except Kurt Browning, sorry Kurt. But to use hair, even your own hair for decoration on anything is disgusting. Yeah, I know, some people buy human hair wig. I do not object it for medical reasons. But I'm not used to the idea ...yet. Maybe Johnny Weir keeps using human hair on his costumes, I'll get used to it one day.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 10-05-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast