Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7

Mao88

Record Breaker
The step out on the 3T cost Lipnitskaya the lead. On balance, Kiira deserves to be leading for having skated clean, but not by the margin she is at the moment. Her score, as with everybody elses, is inflated, but hers more so than others

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
The step out on the 3T cost Lipnitskaya the lead. On balance, Kiira deserves to be leading for having skated clean, but not by the margin she is at the moment. Her score, as with everybody elses, is inflated, but hers more so than others

Inflation is relative - but I agree Kiira deserved first and by a comfortable margin.

I really enjoyed her SP - and who says a "green dress can't win" :)

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - POSITION AFTER 7 OF 11 (End of Warm-Up Group 2)

1. Madison HUBBELL & Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 58.44 (TES: 28.42, PCS: 30.02)
2. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 55.64 (TES: 27.42, PCS: 28.22)
3. Ramona ELSENER & Florian ROST (SUI) - 44.95 (TES: 23.75, PCS: 21.20)
4. Justyna PLUTOWSKA & Peter GERBER (POL) - 41.62 (TES: 22.42, PCS: 20.20, DED: 1.00)
5. Henna LINDHOLM & Ossi KANERVO (FIN) - 39.98 (TES: 20.95, PCS: 19.03)
6. Bryna OI & Taiyo MIZUTANI (JPN) - 39.14 (TES: 21.59, PCS: 17.55)
7. Lesia VOLODENKOVA & Vitaly VAKUNOV (BLR) - 32.19 (TES: 14.17, PCS: 18.02)

Remaining Starting Order - Warm-Up Group 3

8. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA)
9. Olesia KARMI & Max LINDHOLM (FIN)
10. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST)
11. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS)

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 65.44 (TES: 31.66, PCS: 33.78)
2. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 64.16 (TES: 31.59, PCS: 32.57)
3. Madison HUBBELL & Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 58.44 (TES: 28.42, PCS: 30.02)
4. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 55.64 (TES: 27.42, PCS: 28.22)
5. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST) - 50.55 (TES: 26.08, PCS: 24.47)
6. Ramona ELSENER & Florian ROST (SUI) - 44.95 (TES: 23.75, PCS: 21.20)
7. Justyna PLUTOWSKA & Peter GERBER (POL) - 41.62 (TES: 22.42, PCS: 20.20, DED: 1.00)
8. Henna LINDHOLM & Ossi KANERVO (FIN) - 39.98 (TES: 20.95, PCS: 19.03)
9. Bryna OI & Taiyo MIZUTANI (JPN) - 39.14 (TES: 21.59, PCS: 17.55)
10. Olesia KARMI / Max LINDHOLM (FIN) - 36.51 (TES: 17.99, PCS: 18.52)
11. Lesia VOLODENKOVA & Vitaly VAKUNOV (BLR) - 32.19 (TES: 14.17, PCS: 18.02)

Great performance by Bobrova & Soloviev!

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Not surprised, Bobrova/Soloviev have lovely programs this season :)
very wise move to go to Zhulin and leave Kustarova/Alexeeva

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Not surprised, Bobrova/Soloviev have lovely programs this season :)
very wise move to go to Zhulin and leave Kustarova/Alexeeva

Macassar88

Medalist
I know these are different competitions, but Bobrova and Soloviev not only got higher tech than Weaver and Poje, but also higher PCS! (0.02 lol)
Great way to begin their season. Keep it up in the FD!

Macassar88

Medalist
I know these are different competitions, but Bobrova and Soloviev not only got higher tech than Weaver and Poje, but also higher PCS! (0.02 lol)

icebeauty

On the Ice
I think you have to make some allowances for the fact that he hasn't competed since Vancouver; not everyone is like Plushenko, who can show up and do a program with no mistakes and all the content after two years away from skating. And really, I wouldn't make too much of one early season event. If this continues to be a pattern on the GP, then it becomes cause for concern.

Johnny going for the 4T was a good sign, IMO. He has to get comfortable with putting it in his programs if he wants to be taken seriously.

You have a really good point here. Johnny has said previously that the one thing he struggled with the most during his career is "learning to compete" - he's not a natural competitor (i.e. Plushenko and Lysacek) -- which has been one of his downfalls over the years -- and he has to rely on his ability and training. Based on what I read on IN, he said he was the most nervous he's ever been - he. Just goes to show, that nerves never go away with time. I was happy to see him go for the quad and he got through the program without making HUGE mistakes. You can tell he's done the training and he has the jumps, but he's just to put it all together now. There is quite a bit of room for improvement, but he's right on track.

icebeauty

On the Ice
I think you have to make some allowances for the fact that he hasn't competed since Vancouver; not everyone is like Plushenko, who can show up and do a program with no mistakes and all the content after two years away from skating. And really, I wouldn't make too much of one early season event. If this continues to be a pattern on the GP, then it becomes cause for concern.

Johnny going for the 4T was a good sign, IMO. He has to get comfortable with putting it in his programs if he wants to be taken seriously.

You have a really good point here. Johnny has said previously that the one thing he struggled with the most during his career is "learning to compete" - he's not a natural competitor (i.e. Plushenko and Lysacek) -- which has been one of his downfalls over the years -- and he has to rely on his ability and training. Based on what I read on IN, he said he was the most nervous he's ever been - he. Just goes to show, that nerves never go away with time. I was happy to see him go for the quad and he got through the program without making HUGE mistakes. You can tell he's done the training and he has the jumps, but he's just to put it all together now. There is quite a bit of room for improvement, but he's right on track.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Im thinking for the first time Bobrova/Soloviev might have a chance of beating Weaver/Poje and Pechalat/Bourzat
I think normally PCS goes higher as the season goes on , lol

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Im thinking for the first time Bobrova/Soloviev might have a chance of beating Weaver/Poje and Pechalat/Bourzat
I think normally PCS goes higher as the season goes on , lol

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Greetings from the arena. Bad words from many of you. I saw Kiira's program live and it's one of the best programs I've ever seen. Such a mature, graceful, clean and strong skating. Real art. You can't even compare Julia's and Kiira' skating, a girl and a lady I would say. I had tears in my eyes almost the whole program, it was just a piece of heaven.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Greetings from the arena. Bad words from many of you. I saw Kiira's program live and it's one of the best programs I've ever seen. Such a mature, graceful, clean and strong skating. Real art. You can't even compare Julia's and Kiira' skating, a girl and a lady I would say. I had tears in my eyes almost the whole program, it was just a piece of heaven.

janetfan

Match Penalty

Thanks for the report. I agree and thought Kiira was divine.
I think it's the best program I have ever seen from her and she skated it extremely well.

For me it was easily the best SP.

janetfan

Match Penalty

Thanks for the report. I agree and thought Kiira was divine.
I think it's the best program I have ever seen from her and she skated it extremely well.

For me it was easily the best SP.