Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7

Banned
    Not surprised, Bobrova/Soloviev have lovely programs this season
    very wise move to go to Zhulin and leave Kustarova/Alexeeva

Banned
    Not surprised, Bobrova/Soloviev have lovely programs this season
    very wise move to go to Zhulin and leave Kustarova/Alexeeva

I know these are different competitions, but Bobrova and Soloviev not only got higher tech than Weaver and Poje, but also higher PCS! (0.02 lol)
    Great way to begin their season. Keep it up in the FD!

I know these are different competitions, but Bobrova and Soloviev not only got higher tech than Weaver and Poje, but also higher PCS! (0.02 lol)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

I think you have to make some allowances for the fact that he hasn't competed since Vancouver; not everyone is like Plushenko, who can show up and do a program with no mistakes and all the content after two years away from skating. And really, I wouldn't make too much of one early season event. If this continues to be a pattern on the GP, then it becomes cause for concern.

Johnny going for the 4T was a good sign, IMO. He has to get comfortable with putting it in his programs if he wants to be taken seriously.
    You have a really good point here. Johnny has said previously that the one thing he struggled with the most during his career is "learning to compete" - he's not a natural competitor (i.e. Plushenko and Lysacek) -- which has been one of his downfalls over the years -- and he has to rely on his ability and training. Based on what I read on IN, he said he was the most nervous he's ever been - he. Just goes to show, that nerves never go away with time. I was happy to see him go for the quad and he got through the program without making HUGE mistakes. You can tell he's done the training and he has the jumps, but he's just to put it all together now. There is quite a bit of room for improvement, but he's right on track.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

I think you have to make some allowances for the fact that he hasn't competed since Vancouver; not everyone is like Plushenko, who can show up and do a program with no mistakes and all the content after two years away from skating. And really, I wouldn't make too much of one early season event. If this continues to be a pattern on the GP, then it becomes cause for concern.

Johnny going for the 4T was a good sign, IMO. He has to get comfortable with putting it in his programs if he wants to be taken seriously.
    You have a really good point here. Johnny has said previously that the one thing he struggled with the most during his career is "learning to compete" - he's not a natural competitor (i.e. Plushenko and Lysacek) -- which has been one of his downfalls over the years -- and he has to rely on his ability and training. Based on what I read on IN, he said he was the most nervous he's ever been - he. Just goes to show, that nerves never go away with time. I was happy to see him go for the quad and he got through the program without making HUGE mistakes. You can tell he's done the training and he has the jumps, but he's just to put it all together now. There is quite a bit of room for improvement, but he's right on track.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Im thinking for the first time Bobrova/Soloviev might have a chance of beating Weaver/Poje and Pechalat/Bourzat
    I think normally PCS goes higher as the season goes on , lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Im thinking for the first time Bobrova/Soloviev might have a chance of beating Weaver/Poje and Pechalat/Bourzat
    I think normally PCS goes higher as the season goes on , lol

Custom Title
    Greetings from the arena. Bad words from many of you. I saw Kiira's program live and it's one of the best programs I've ever seen. Such a mature, graceful, clean and strong skating. Real art. You can't even compare Julia's and Kiira' skating, a girl and a lady I would say. I had tears in my eyes almost the whole program, it was just a piece of heaven.

Custom Title
    Greetings from the arena. Bad words from many of you. I saw Kiira's program live and it's one of the best programs I've ever seen. Such a mature, graceful, clean and strong skating. Real art. You can't even compare Julia's and Kiira' skating, a girl and a lady I would say. I had tears in my eyes almost the whole program, it was just a piece of heaven.

Custom Title
    Here are the protocols for the Short Dance

Also, Cappellini & Lannotte's Short Dance

Cappellini & Lannotte - Short Dance
    Last edited by Mao88; 10-06-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Custom Title
    Here are the protocols for the Short Dance

Also, Cappellini & Lannotte's Short Dance

Cappellini & Lannotte - Short Dance

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    Thanks for the report. I agree and thought Kiira was divine.
    I think it's the best program I have ever seen from her and she skated it extremely well.

For me it was easily the best SP.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    Thanks for the report. I agree and thought Kiira was divine.
    I think it's the best program I have ever seen from her and she skated it extremely well.

For me it was easily the best SP.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast