Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 2012 Oct 5 - Oct 7

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I find Hanyu's programs and performances more mature and much improved this season and I really like them. The LP is packed and really challenged his stamina but he delivered. Bravo!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I find Hanyu's programs and performances more mature and much improved this season and I really like them. The LP is packed and really challenged his stamina but he delivered. Bravo!

When he collapsed at the end there -- you knew that it took every bit of him to do that program. That said, I think he's definitely improving as far as the stamina -- I felt he was much more smarter in using his energy in the program and not doing everything at 150 percent. Perhaps Orser is helping him improve in this arena.

But yes, I loved this LP. I can't wait to see it live at Skate America! :biggrin:

FTnoona

Final Flight
Was Hanyu still injured? Some of his movements seemed sloppy and he forgot/changed the ina bauer before the flip. Hopefully he was staggering off the ice b/c he was exhausted and not b/c he was injured.

artsciboy

On the Ice
I like Hanyu a lot - but his dramatics at the end of his programs need to stop. Its a huge turn off - he's like this for every program, injured or not.

As for Johnny Weir - slow, slow, slow - plus, it's a program meant for the 6.0 days.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Was Hanyu still injured? Some of his movements seemed sloppy and he forgot/changed the ina bauer before the flip. Hopefully he was staggering off the ice b/c he was exhausted and not b/c he was injured.

I think he was exhausted. That program is jammed packed! He doesn't really take a break in the beginning cause of the 2 quads and the 3A and then after two spins he does three combos back to back. Two quads, six triples. Pretty intense stuff!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh my goodness. Richard didn't only do a Rippon Lutz, he did a Ruppon Lutz combo! That was awesome!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezleRILtPTs#t=2m28s

Of course it will be more awesome if it was a 3-3, but hey I hope that will come later.

Kudos and congrats.

I am adding Dornbush to my short list of Men with nice Donut spins, with Plushenko(!) and Han Yan. Those with ugly ones who shouldn't are Hanyu and J Brown.

Kalina

On the Ice
I like Hanyu a lot - but his dramatics at the end of his programs need to stop. Its a huge turn off - he's like this for every program, injured or not.

He's like this when he has a very good performance, actually. But unfortunately he doesn't always have very good performances :) I can understand not liking it though.
It might seem that he always does this because he did at Worlds, which was his last competition.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Hanyu almost always staggers off the ice seemingly unable to breathe. It's his thing.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Kudos and congrats.

I am adding Dornbush to my short list of Men with nice Donut spins, with Plushenko(!) and Han Yan. Those with ugly ones who shouldn't are Hanyu and J Brown.

Dornbush doesn't really get into a circular position though. It's kinda like be only bends his knees and not his back. I prefer Hanyu's donut spin b/c it's nice and circular, but one spin that I think Hanyu and should never do is the outside edge forward camel. To me it looks bad b/c he looks like he is dangling his arms to get onto the outside edge. I dislike it even more than his biellmann spin.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Good grief ! Dramatics ? The guy is seriously asthmatic...

Then what he needs to do is incorporate more rests in his program, because - asthma or not - him flopping around all over the ice at the end is unbecoming and a huge turn off. And I'm actually a fan!

Becki

Medalist
Then what he needs to do is incorporate more rests in his program, because - asthma or not - him flopping around all over the ice at the end is unbecoming and a huge turn off. And I'm actually a fan!

Well, in his defense, he is not "flopping around all over the ice", he's just flopping on the centre of the ice rink (lol). But I'll give the kid a break, he's obviously too tired to think about his presentation.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Good grief ! Dramatics ? The guy is seriously asthmatic...

Nan Song had barely recovered from a serious illness before his 2011 4CC skate at high altitude. He staggered off the ice with purple lips and various senses shut down, but he held off the actual collapse and was hospitalized after.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, in his defense, he is not "flopping around all over the ice", he's just flopping on the centre of the ice rink (lol). But I'll give the kid a break, he's obviously too tired to think about his presentation.

And I'm sure if it's a problem, Orser will give him a talking to!

Mao88

Record Breaker
Updated video list for the Men's Free Skate:-

MEN'S LONG PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) - 248.13
2. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 239.99
3. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 235.20
4. Johnny WEIR (USA) - 201.42
5. Zhan BUSH (RUS) - 194.29
6. Misha GE (UZB) - 187.92
7. Kento NAKAMURA (JPN) - 187.42
8. Adrian SCHULTHEISS (SWE) - 177.84
9. Maciej CIEPLUCHA (POL) - 177.82
10. Valtter VIRTANEN (FIN) 151.93
11. Mikael REDIN (SUI) - 146.27
12. Matthias VERSLUIS (FIN) - 144.92
13. Julian LAGUS (FIN) - 134.46
14. Viktor ZUBIK (FIN) - 131.06
15. Samuel KOPPEL (EST) - 118.90

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I like Hanyu's music, but after watching the video, I'm not enamored of the choreography and don't see that much musical interpretation going on. Lots of histrionic flailing. I think he was indeed overscored on PCS, IMO he's a 7's level skater not the 8's at least on performance and interpretation. Fernandez was better on that dimension in this competition.