How are the US Juniors viewed? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

How are the US Juniors viewed?

janetfan

Match Penalty
I think the odds are pretty good with Evan and Johnny coming back, Johnny reportedly landing quads, Jeremy and Evan both have huge PCS so it's just a matter of landing jumps, Dornbush has been going for difficult content and having more success recently, and you can't count Miner out either, or even someone like Farris if he steps up at Nationals. I don't have much faith in Rippon at this point but he could make a comeback of sorts. The way I see it we need a top 5 skater and a top 10 skater on the team for Worlds to have a good chance at 3 spots, and I think Jeremy, Evan, and Johnny are hypothetically capable of being top 5, and Dornbush, Miner, and Farris (maybe Rippon too pending jump status) are capable of a lower top 10 finish. Of course they would all need to skate VERY WELL to manage this, but I do think it's possible.

Dornbush? What has he ever shown on the INTL stage except that he is NOT capable of getting back three spots for USA Men.

Reports of Johnny landing PRACTICE quads>>>> :think: like we have never heard that before :yes:

Opinions are cool....sometimes the results matter too.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
OTOH Ross landed a quad salchow in his program at Champs Camp, and Farris has been landing quad toes in programs.

I sort of wish Johnny & Evan had stayed retired. Both have had 2 Olympic experiences. And it isn't like they're drudging out the 4 years between 2010 and 2014. I'd rather see the younger guys develop at this point. Dornbush has yet to show me that much, though. I'd rather see Armin.

But it's not my pick.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I sort of wish Johnny & Evan had stayed retired. Both have had 2 Olympic experiences. And it isn't like they're drudging out the 4 years between 2010 and 2014. I'd rather see the younger guys develop at this point. Dornbush has yet to show me that much, though. I'd rather see Armin.

GO MESSING!!!!! :rock:

gmyers

Record Breaker
In previous seasons there have been videos of Weir landing quads but as everyone knows no competition quads since March of 2008! At least Lysacek as February of 2009 landed January 2010 ur fall.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I was impressed with Dornbush's short at GF. It was actually engaging and entertaining AND he landed a quad.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I would say there are seven countries that could potentially earn three spots.

Realistically: Japan
If their skaters skate at their best: Canada, France, USA, Czech Republic
Insane Shot in the dark if the stars align: Russia, Spain (both have only one man, but that one man could realistically get silver if he/she gives a SOHL and others flop)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I was impressed with Dornbush's short at GF. It was actually engaging and entertaining AND he landed a quad.

Me too. I like Dornbush's skating and watched this program. If he could keep up his technical level, he'll be a top force in US, too.

I believe if Abbott and Lysacek could go to this coming Worlds, there is a very good chance to win back 3 spots for US.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Dornbush? What has he ever shown on the INTL stage except that he is NOT capable of getting back three spots for USA Men.

Reports of Johnny landing PRACTICE quads>>>> :think: like we have never heard that before :yes:

Opinions are cool....sometimes the results matter too.

Well practice quads are better than no practice quads. We'll see if he tries them and/or lands them successfully in his programs this season. Things have changed and I think Johnny knows he's going to need the quad if he wants to have a shot internationally. As for results, Ricky has been skating well and landing quads in competition this summer, we just saw Farris skate very well at the JGP in LP landing a lovely 3a in his SP then backing it up with a 3a-3t and 4t that both got full credit and +GOE in the FS, Ross as someone mentioned landed 4s in his program at Champs Camp and has been consistent with all the other jumps for a couple seasons now, Armin was landing 4t easily in competitions this summer, we know Messing is capable of monster 3a and 4t jumps when he's on, Jeremy could be a World medalist if not champion if he'd just finally skate clean, and Lysacek has already been World champion and Olympic champion so considering all these things I would hope we have a realistic shot at getting 3 spots for the Sochi Olympics....we certainly have the talent in this nation.