Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Genrikh Sretenski arrested

Custom Title
    This is a terrible story. But I also learned of yet another Russian to moved to the US to coach! It's amazing. What did 90% of all the people with any kind of success leave post Soviet fall?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Since this case involves both criminal & civil legal issues, probably we should avoid information that does not have at least a link to back it up. This is in line with the Golden Skate policy on unsourced information and rumors.

Banned
    Vest.ru reported that Sretenskij got a bail in NY of $50,000 and will wait for his trial being free, not in jail. The next appointment with the judge or whatever the right English term is, is December 6th. Genrikh denied all charges against him.
    www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=907671&cid=9

Custom Title
    Thanks, Let's Talk. I believe, by the way, that the phrase is "his next appearance before the judge," or "his next court appearance." I've clearly spent too many evenings watching reruns of Law and Order on TV!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    thanks for the summary! This whole case is just confusing it seems... I just hope truth is able to prevail - whatever that may be.
    Does anyone know if Genrikh is still coaching? Does he have any teams that will be going to US Nationals?

It looks like he's been charged with one felony count and two misdemeanor counts of child sexual abuse from something that happened in New York in 2011. Sounds serious.

http://www.fox44abc22yourvoice.com/s...hild-sex-abuse
    Last edited by Twizzle54; 09-16-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Custom Title
    Not good at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2