Ice Star Minsk ( Sept. 07-09, 2012 ) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Star Minsk ( Sept. 07-09, 2012 )

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm pretty sure she had a good reason for leaving Eteri. Now why she went to Sokolovskaya, whose skaters have aweful jump technique, I don't know. But where else would she have gone? Sotnikova's coach wouldn't take her. Volchkova has enough girls, two of whom are competing on the GP with Shelepen.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm pretty sure she had a good reason for leaving Eteri. Now why she went to Sokolovskaya, whose skaters have aweful jump technique, I don't know. But where else would she have gone? Sotnikova's coach wouldn't take her. Volchkova has enough girls, two of whom are competing on the GP with Shelepen.

iI have not heard what really happened between her and Eteri but , all I know she helped Polina alot and was her coach since she was a child !

there are always options, she needs to leave Sokolovskaya though ! :disapp:
Gonchrenko is a good coach, who has good jump technique for her students like her star pupils Elena Radionova and Alexander Samarin
there is Mishin ? but I doubt he'll take her also
Mishin's wife is better than Sokolovskaya who coaches Ogoreltseva and Stavitskaia
Morozov ?

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eteri is also responsible for Polina's crappy skating skills and PCS scores. So I'm not sad to see her go. Mishina would require her too move to another city and she probably doesn't want to leave Moscow. Goncharenko could have decline for all we know since we don't know who she ask to be her coach. It's too early in the season for me to give up on her just yet. I'll give her at least a yr before I start doing all the doom and gloom talk :laugh:

And Morozov......she should wait until she's at least 18 b/f making that coaching change :biggrin:

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
And Morozov......she should wait until she's at least 18 b/f making that coaching change :biggrin:
Why? The age of consent is 16yo in Russia. But aren't you people done with rumours? Obviously never :biggrin:.

Meanwhile the poster 'divan' on the Ukranian forum is reporting in details on the event. The ice rink, which in fact is a gorgeous sport palace, is in the perfect conditions and the Belorussians seems like in general are doing their best to create a good image of themselves in the eyes of ISU. He gave wonderful supportive comments on the skating of Ivan Pavlov (173.29) and Yakov Godorozha (183.38), both are Ukranians. Some videos are not available yet but 'divan' is promising they will show up. Follow the youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/CheChincheta/videos Here is some photos on this thread, kids are cute. www.skating.com.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?=7&t=3387

Also, Divan started downloading videos on his youtube channel, more later:
www.youtube.com/user/divan0/videos

PS: special thanks to you, divan, for so rare fan video of Dai that I found on your channel. :)

Last edited: