Pechalat and Bourzat find their groove | Golden Skate

Pechalat and Bourzat find their groove

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
by Tanja Flade:

France's Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat, who are slated to compete at Cup of China and Trophee Eric Bompard, talk about their programs and goals for the 2012-13 season.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Of course it was very good when they didn't blow their chance at bronze in 2012 like they did in 2011 and in fact was so good in the SD I believed third was wrong for them in the SD.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I like that they are different. Mind you these articles are not all that enlightening. I mean do you ever hear a skater not sounding at least enthusiastic about the season, programs and always the talk of improvement and how wonderful the programs are and suit them or are a different and artistic stretch. The fact of the matter is even if you can say everyone is improving some are improving faster. This team looks vulnerable if not for the improving Canadians W and P, Americans and I just sense one of the Russian teams could upset them by or at the Olympics. Life is about timing and i think 2011, 12 and maybe 13 if they hold on but I do think they will be passed by the Olympics. They could even be like that Israeli dance team that won bronnze and then went down like to 7th or 8th. Like the shibutanis although there was a fluke mistake that unravelled them.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Shibutanis are young and have lots to improve on but have time but P/B are getting up there in age and have probably peaked.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I know they are veterans but I am getting a bit tired of them
I want either Weaver/Poje or Ilinykh/Katsalapov to be in Top 3 :no:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
What a terrific interview from Nathalie and Fabian. I really like their music choices. They both have a good mindset and strategy
this season for success, I like that.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It dould be somewhat remarkable if their thoughts (closer to second than to fourth) turned out to be true, imo.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It could get ugly if W and P pass them this year as they skate together but I have to say P and B are getting a bit long in the tooth for me; weève seen and done it.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
^^ I like that P/B are an older team and I'm not sure what you mean by seen and done it; they're definitely not a team that repeats itself or goes for obvious choices - unlike some.

It dould be somewhat remarkable if their thoughts (closer to second than to fourth) turned out to be true, imo.
It is factually correct that they were closer to D/W than to W/P at 2012 Worlds (though they didn't do as well at the WTT). Also, the off-season turmoil in Canton may impact Zoueva's teams, allowing both P/B and W/P to make up some ground.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Also, the off-season turmoil in Canton may impact Zoueva's teams, allowing both P/B and W/P to make up some ground.

Buttercup, can I expect Nathalie/Fabian and Kaitlyn/Andrew, the TWO of my favorite dance teams, on the podium finish at Worlds this season, then? :love::love:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Buttercup, can I expect Nathalie/Fabian and Kaitlyn/Andrew, the TWO of my favorite dance teams, on the podium finish at Worlds this season, then? :love::love:
Probably not. But I do think that D/W may eventually regret staying with Marina rather than going with Igor.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
^^ I like that P/B are an older team and I'm not sure what you mean by seen and done it; they're definitely not a team that repeats itself or goes for obvious choices - unlike some.

It is factually correct that they were closer to D/W than to W/P at 2012 Worlds (though they didn't do as well at the WTT). Also, the off-season turmoil in Canton may impact Zoueva's teams, allowing both P/B and W/P to make up some ground.

Which is true, but we also know how I feel about the marking of P/B at Nice. If W/P get the same level of generosity in London, I simply don't see how it's possible to repeat that.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A great deal of what happens in London will be driven by scrimmyshenanigans with the Pattern Dance marks in the SD. The current set up, which I talk about in the Blues Pattern Dance thread (the Pattern Dance for the SD for Juniors)

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...s-Pattern-Dance-amp-this-year-s-Rules-Discuss

It's probably not kosher to reply to my own thread, but getting a Y for all key points gives you a base score of 7.0 for one Blues segment, while getting N or T for all 3 key points gives you a base score of 3.0. Consequently, you can lose 8.0 points total for not getting any of your key points right.

This is just too tempting, and since there is no audio reply for the SD, methods of successfully challenging T calls (for key points which were done correctly, but the timing was off) really don't exist.

I'm very nervous about that for this season, and for that matter, for next season, since both the Yankee Polka and the Finnstep are such fast tempo dances.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
2012 was their last World medal IMO. With Worlds in Canada Weaver & Poje are a lock for atleast bronze, with a chance at silver, if they dont blow it. Then with the Olympics being in Russia the Russian dance teams will be moved into contention too as we head towards there.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
2012 was their last World medal IMO. With Worlds in Canada Weaver & Poje are a lock for atleast bronze, with a chance at silver, if they dont blow it. Then with the Olympics being in Russia the Russian dance teams will be moved into contention too as we head towards there.

yep, I think ice dance is the easiest to manipulate
W/P are locks for bronze at Worlds as will be held in Canada ( V/M, D/W , W/P or in any order) and w/ the European Championships the determining factor
where P/B and the Russian ice dancers will fare at the Olympics

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
We will see what happens but I think they would have been wise to turn pro after Nice. Their bronze was a sort of career achievement award and bravery award for her skating with a broken nose, and of course being sentimental favorites being at home and having thrown the bronze away the previous year. Many thought W&P outskated them even there. W&P are improving all the time while P&B have likely already peaked. That is why with Worlds in Canada there is no way IMO P&B stay ahead. I doubt P&B will even come out ahead in their first grand prix meeting, setting the tone for the season. By Sochi if they are still around they will be down in about 6th behind the top 3 NA teams and atleast 2 Russian teams. They will still be ahead of the Shibutanis probably, and maybe the Italians, but that is it.