Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance & Carmen

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    All I can say is, To each their own. I have seen so many far superior performances exhibiting smolder and passion that this does not touch me.
    I can see - it's the word "fake" that set me off. Though I'd love to see that longlist - I've always got room for more brilliance.

Custom Title
    People underestimate Tessa because she has this exquisite smileing face but its not just the facial expression with her its the dance movements that bring in the passion. Their worlds 2010 Farrucas is an example - they were a little more tentative at the Olys but didnt hold back at the worlds.

To each his own. In my mind overt smouldering is too theatrical and over the top.

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ndyz0OX9mo Interview and clips of Tessa and Scott..........new modern take on Carmen ........bodes sizzling!!!!

Banned
    Hmm.. Difficult to say anything without seeing the whole dance. Aren't they slower, or it's just training...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ndyz0OX9mo Interview and clips of Tessa and Scott..........new modern take on Carmen ........bodes sizzling!!!!
    sizzling it is!!! thanks for sharing this - cannot wait to see the whole thing and the costumes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    sizzling it is!!! thanks for sharing this - cannot wait to see the whole thing and the costumes!!!!
    Yes, I'm SO excited too!! Carmen is one of my favourites for FS, and V/M are my favourite couple competing at the moment, so I hope it will be something GREAT!

Custom Title
    The FD is replete with body grabbing and simulated passion. Just a more 'physical' take on that oh-we're-so-in-love V/M shtick.

Custom Title
    This dance must be really good, wow why so bitter?

...and a bag of chips
    Quote Originally Posted by bellafurr View Post
    Because chuckm can't bear to say something good about V/M.

Custom Title
    Why must someone be accused of being bitter just because they criticize V/M?

The dance looks very meh to me. But I'm not really blown away by anyone's FD this year. I had to chuckle when P.J Kwong said that Carmen requires a diva presence on the ice, and that was Tessa Virtue. I think Tessa is a fabulous skater who brings many things to the ice, but a diva presence isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Why must someone be accused of being bitter just because they criticize V/M?

The dance looks very meh to me. But I'm not really blown away by anyone's FD this year. I had to chuckle when P.J Kwong said that Carmen requires a diva presence on the ice, and that was Tessa Virtue. I think Tessa is a fabulous skater who brings many things to the ice, but a diva presence isn't one of them.
    I'm the same way, though I haven't seen their FD all the way through - but I'm not falling all over myself in love with it.

Custom Title
    I just saw the practice and thought it was fantastic! Don't know what people think is lacking.

Rinkside
    V/M's Carmen is impressive.I love it.

To each their own... i'm not impressed with either of Marina's top teams... it just seems too disconnected... *and yes I know V/M's practice was not a full program, I am talking mainly of D/W's FD* I'm also not encouraged by all the hugging/headgrabbing... they said they were going to be unique in their take... if they mean with added crotch grabbing then...

Custom Title
    So are we just not gonna talk about the immense amount of crotch/face interaction going on in V/M's FD?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast