Photos of V/M [& Chan] at SC High Performance Camp | Golden Skate

Photos of V/M [& Chan] at SC High Performance Camp

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle as it's a good series of pics. Not a lot in the article, but deserves it's own thread just the same! :rock:

Wow, even in practice clothes, in still photos, our skaters still look spectacular. Can't wait for the season! Thanks for the links, Colleen, and thanks to Toni for putting them in a separate thread.

And oh, those breathtaking stills from the Roland Petit Carmen! If anything like this is what we have in store, wow, are we lucky ducks!

slipslidin

On the Ice
I can see Tessa now, in the fabulous sexy little corset, but I fear they won't let Scott wear the tights.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: Yes , thanks Toni ..I thought I might have to triple post..

From the moment I saw the strong , clean lines in those stills , I was shunted back to being 8 or 9 yrs old , poring over a copy of Dance magazine in my mother's dance supply shop that had photos of Petit and Renee (Zizi) Jeanmaire in his Carmen. If T&S are going for an interpretation in that spirit , it will be very difficult to compare it to other Carmens and vice versa.. I feel encouraged , and hope I'm not jumping the gun , here.

slipslidin' ..Then again, Scott's pants are always the next best thing to tights..;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
when all else fails - create a thread so you don't have to triple post! ;) New threads are good! :yes:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:laugh:all that.. you devil..:laugh:

Not all versions of white shirt and black pants are created equal , though..;)..so much depends on the tailoring ( and the filling )

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Video: Brief comments from Virtue/Moir about Carmen to Kwong

Cross-posting from the Ice Dance and Carmen thread:

Pj Kwong ‏@skatingpj
I uploaded a @YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipzpb8A2IoI&feature=youtu.be&a Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir talk Carmen at HPC
5:54 AM - 10 Sep 12​

The video is only 1:18 in length.
V/M talk about their contemporary/modern version of Carmen, with their story line relying more on body movements than on facial expressions.​

ETA:
Mods, not a big deal, but this thread title is a little off. Champs Camp is for Team USA skaters; looks funny to use that term for Skate Canada's gathering, which is officially named High Performance Camp [doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, I realize ;)].​

Last edited:
Holy hat, they're using music composed by Anthony Hopkins, the actor! I'm so thrilled that they're going off the trail for a music choice. Hopkins is not only an actor but is trained in music; that's what he studied in college. I know that he composed the music for one independent film he directed, but I haven't ever heard his work.

(Side note: In my heart of hearts, I always hoped that Hopkins would someday portray Brahms in a movie. He could do his own piano playing; he would fit the physical aspect of Brahms: short, stocky, with those blue eyes; and he could convey Brahms' prickly nature with great conviction. Brahms' story is so interesting, with that nearly lifelong relationship with the equally powerful and gifted Clara Schumann...where is a scriptwriter with smarts?)

Back to skating. Another thing in that article that really captivates me is that Tessa and Scott say that just about all their lifts are new. This is what you do with an Olympian reputation. You don't just stand still; you move things forward. I can't wait to watch their efforts for this year, and I deeply hope that Davis/White are also branching out. What a grand season it will be for ice dancing if these two supreme teams pull it off.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Cross-posting from the Ice Dance and Carmen thread:
Pj Kwong ‏@skatingpj
I uploaded a @YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipzpb8A2IoI&feature=youtu.be&a Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir talk Carmen at HPC
5:54 AM - 10 Sep 12​

The video is only 1:18 in length.
V/M talk about their contemporary/modern version of Carmen, with their story line relying more on body movements than on facial expressions.​
ETA:
Mods, not a big deal, but this thread title is a little off. Champs Camp is for Team USA skaters; looks funny to use that term for Skate Canada's gathering, which is officially named High Performance Camp [doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, I realize ;)].​

you're right, whoops! LOL

Binthere

On the Ice
Enjoyed the photos on skatebuzz, but boy some of those athlete rosters are very out of date. Lists couples in pairs and dance who aren't even together any more.