Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Artem Kovalev

6 Not allowed!

Artem Kovalev

Artem Sergeyevich Kovalev (Russian: Артём Сергеевич Ковалёв) was born June 26, 2003 year in Moscow, Russia. Artem took up figure skating in 2008. He won 2016 Ice Star of Minsk in Junior Men's with a score of 205.52.

His fskate.ru bio:
    http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/3255.html

Finally russian men are slowly producing wonderboys. He earned a good score without a 3 axel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaNRgfb90gw

I never heard of this guy before; he is 13 years old. He has really good step sequences and edges. His skating skills are already very good - he only needs to increase his speed.

He seems to have solid technique even better than Ilya Skirda's in terms of interpretation, skating skills and jump technique.

Now theres Skirda, Gumennik, Kunitsa now Kovalev
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-18-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Wishing for Hawayek & Baker's breakthrough! Crossover's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    He stood out the most to me among the field at the JGP in Japan, so I'm glad that you started a fan fest for him.

Banned

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossover View Post
    He stood out the most to me among the field at the JGP in Japan, so I'm glad that you started a fan fest for him.

he looks very promising, wonderful interpretation for such a young age and a good technique. If he gets the harder jumps, increase more his speed and spins, I think he has a good prospect for the future.

Banned

1 Not allowed!
    They are saying he son of an Olympian.

Can somone confirm, Artem is the son of the 1976 men's Olympic silver medalist: Valdimir Kovalev
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Kovalev

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Artem is a shining star at this stage. Really impressive debut performance at such young age!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    They are saying he son of an Olympian.

Can somone confirm, Artem is the son of the 1976 men's Olympic silver medalist: Valdimir Kovalev
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Kovalev

I definitely saw his father's performances and the other medalists at the Olympics for a reference but can't remember how he did..I also read the Wikipedia page and chuckled at the interviewer's rude and straightforward question. The fact that he was a coach of Kira Ivanova, a Olympic bronze medalist in ladies, was also a new understanding for me. Artem's talent and good look are surely from his father's side although I have no knowledge regarding his mom.
    Last edited by Crossover; 09-09-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Banned

1 Not allowed!
    I definitely saw his father's performances and the other medalists at the Olympics for a reference but can't remember how he did..I also read the Wikipedia page and chuckled at the interviewer's rude and straightforward question. The fact that he was a coach of Kira Ivanova, a Olympic bronze medalist in ladies, was also a new understanding for me. Artem's talent and good look are surely from his father's side although I have no knowledge regarding his mom.
    I never realized Valdimir spoke good english:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zezkBaJNw

0 Not allowed!
    I never realized Valdimir spoke good english:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zezkBaJNw
    Is he Vladimir Kovalev's son?????????? OMG!!!! I didn't know.. Is he as attractive as his father was?

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Is he Vladimir Kovalev's son?????????? OMG!!!! I didn't know.. Is he as attractive as his father was?
    yes he is the son of Vladimir Kovalev, don't know who his mom is though.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    yes he is the son of Vladimir Kovalev, don't know who his mom is though.
    No, he is not son of Vladimir Kovalev. Artem's middle name is Sergeyevich. It means his father's name is Sergey.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe Artem is Vladimir Kovalev's granson?

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by voolfee View Post
    Maybe Artem is Vladimir Kovalev's granson?
    that would make more sense, 61 is kind of old for a dad.
    how many children did Vladimir have ?

3 Not allowed!
    Artem was fabulous today as well! Had he competed at France or Czech, he would've won a medal, but the Yokohama event was such a touch competition. I like his costume and concept. He showed solid jumping techniques and a great presentation. I don't know whether he will be assigned to another JGP, but hope to see him compete more.

Banned

3 Not allowed!
    Artem was fabulous today as well! Had he competed at France or Czech, he would've won a medal, but the Yokohama event was such a touch competition. I like his costume and concept. He showed solid jumping techniques and a great presentation. I don't know whether he will be assigned to another JGP, but hope to see him compete more.
    scores above 200+ for the last group, anyone could have won in that group in France.

1 Not allowed!
    Artem's performance was wonderful, I loved both his programs. Definitely caught my eye. So many talented young skaters, it was a pleasure to watch, albeit only on youtube. The Japanese audience was wonderful, as usual. I'm glad this talented young man had his JGP debut there

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast