Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What are you looking forward to most this season?

Custom Title
    I am curious,not so sure about looking forward, to the return of Evan and Johnny. As well, I would love to see Plushy be back at the worlds so this will be interesting to watch. The emergence of V and T versus Ssquared in pairs. I am curious if the Japanese can hold on or will there a re emergence or rebirth of k and s. In ladies of course seeing Yuna is a big thrill and finding out which American will be the next great one along with what is going on with Mao. I sense Mirai, Caroline Z, Ashley and Gold are the faves. With the emergence of Kim as well as potentially some Russians I am wondering who will fall - someone statistically will come crashing down be it Kostner, Suzuki or Leonova one of them at least will probably fall big time in the world standings. In dance of course the interest is on Davis and White versus V and M. I really would like to see D and W stretch themselves but I do admit they tend to pick better music that suits them whereas V and M are risk takers. I also wonder if the Russians, Canadians, Italians and Americans will move ahead or challenge the French. SAdlyh, I do not have much interest in Canadas ladies. Without Joannie Rochette they are non players.

Custom Title
    So many crazy developments during this off season in men and in ice dance. They've guaranteed to make the season very exciting, to me at least. I'm so curious to see the new Patrick under a dance coach with two new artistic programs. I'm also very much looking forward to seeing a technically stronger Yuzuru Hanyu, a same old Daisuke Takahashi (Well, don't get to jump up before you finish reading it. That's not a bad thing because he was very very good last season and I didn't see much difference in his choreography in his new SP this season.), an over the top and entertaining Johnny Weir, a serious and still consistent Evan Lysacek, a portraying artistically different charactered Jeremy Abbott, a more tech strong Michal Brezina, and Plushenko, and Oda, and a lot a lot more...

I'm looking forward to seeing Skate America and NHK Trothy, to see the battle between Lysacek and Abbott, and the battle between Takahashi and Hanyu.

I'm looking forward to seeing a better V&M vs. D&W.

And I'm looking forward to seeing Yu Na Kim competing.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 09-11-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Akiko Suzuki taking it to the next level!

I am really sooo looking forward to seeing Mao Asada again can't wait to see her new programs, i'm also looking forward to seeing akiko and daisuke's new programs, and ofcourse miki is returning it will be quite interesting... this offseason has been really long it should just finally end....

it's particularly the ladies fields that i am soo excitet too see again!

Unlike many of you I am mostly wondering what bizarre results the CoP will bring us this new season.

It is no longer possible to consider beautiful clean programs as the mark of good skating.
    That of course is the primary reason most fans in N. America no longer pay attention to figure skating.

In the Cop era I wonder if bungee cords will be approved again to help a handicapped team unworthy of a medal .....or if a certain skater putting his hand down on the ice after a very shaky 3A will receive a good mark just because _ _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank)

I wonder if ISU judges will make even the slightest attempt to judge transitions, interpretation and performance /execution even close to the stated "GUIDELINES and by what actually happened on the ice on a given night?

Will a skater fall 3 times in a program and still receive top marks?
    Or will this aberration of a scoring system show even a shred of integrity....not to mention decency and fairness?

There are several returning skaters to consider this season.

Will the CoP apply to them the same way it does to the other skaters

I have my doubts...but that is what I will be looking forward to this season.....

All things considered it is amazing that I still even watch after all these years....

Custom Title
    Hopes
    1. That Akiko Suzuki wins her Nationals.
    2. That Cynthia Phaneuf becomes the skater she can be (Worlds 2010)
    3. That Patrick Chan demonstrates artistic and technical growth.
    4. That V/M produce a Carmen for the ages.
    5. That Joshua Farris comes in the top two at his Nationals.
    6. That Fernandez wins Euros.
    7. That Rogozine gets himself a world team spot.
    8. That the Canadian lady doesn't embarass herself at Worlds.
    9. That the Canadian pairs, men, and dance get three spots for the Olympics
    10. That the American ladies and dance get three spots for the Olympics
    11. That Hurtado/Diaz do Spain proud.

Questions
    1. Can Stolbova/Klimov become the Russian number threes?
    2. How do the American men stack up against each other?
    3. Is Plushenko Superman? Can he defend his crown? Will he go to Worlds (he won his first Worlds in Canada, his first GP victory was Skate Canada 1998...)
    4. Can Cappellini/Lannotte start beating Pechalat/Bourzat already? Please?
    5. Can Shpilband deliver short term improvements to his teams that suggest that long term he'll emerge ahead of Canton and DSC as the top dance school?
    6. Is it possible to like an Adele competitive program?
    7. Can Savchenko/Szolkowy win a fifth worlds and if they do, can anything stop them from winning Sochi beyond a political machine beyond reproach (and/or their own inconsistency)? Can they perform "Pina" any better than they did at the GPF?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    10. That the American ladies and dance get three spots for the Olympics
    American Men!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    American Men!
    .... not really....

Tripping on the Podium
    Look forward to see russian girls (Adelina Sotnikova, Julia Lipnitskaya), canadian dance pairs, american skaters (Gracie, Ashley). Curious about Yu-na, if she able to be the top

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    All things considered it is amazing that I still even watch after all these years....
    So ture. A lot of members, me included share your feeling for sure.

Looking forward to:

Seeing Ashley Wagner's SP to Red Violin. I have heard good things about this program from the folks that saw her performance at the recent Weiss show.

Johnny's comeback

any links yet to Wagner's new SP?

4. That V/M produce a Carmen for the ages.
    [/QUOTE]
    very interesting hopes&questins, especially this one! The last Carmens we've seen from the top-level skaters (Nagasu 2010, Navka-Kostomarov 2006, Plushy 2002) were quite disappointing for me, artistically, and the best remain in ladies Katarina Witt, in ice dance Krylova-Osvyannikov, I hope to see a well-constructed Carmen from my favourite competing ice dancers!

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    What am I looking most forward to this season? The return of Evan Lysacek!
    You and me both.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    .... not really....
    You're evil. Evil!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast