What are you looking forward to most this season? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

What are you looking forward to most this season?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't see the Japanese Ladies being as deep as people seem to think. Ando and Suzuki are getting older Mao has been declining a bit and Murakami has yet to really prove herself. And i don't see a lot of rising stars with the younger girls yet either.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
You forgot about Mirai, Johnny and Jeremy. And I think the young Jason Brown is really remarkable as an artistry skater.

I've never liked Mirai Nagasu's style that much. Jeremy Abbott has the biggest range of artistic abilities among all current top men. I liked Johnny's earier style. But the last a few years after 2006, his styles especially his costumes are quite away from my taste. I welcome Johnny's comeback. I think his comical approach in Team USA Champs Camp might be his newly adopted, La Ryan Bradley, approach towards his comeback which will be light-hearted and funny. I agree Jason Brown is truly amazing in the artistic maturity! But he's future in amateur skating remains unknown.

I don't see the Japanese Ladies being as deep as people seem to think. Ando and Suzuki are getting older Mao has been declining a bit and Murakami has yet to really prove herself. And i don't see a lot of rising stars with the younger girls yet either.

Still, Japan is the only country that's kept three tickets for Worlds so many years in a row and my bet is that they'll keep it that way at this season.

ordinary person

On the Ice
I was really looking forward to see Yuna compete in the GP competitions again and thrash all the other skaters, but now i'm just sad we won't see her until worlds next year..what a big let down...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I was really looking forward to see Yuna compete in the GP competitions again and thrash all the other skaters, but now i'm just sad we won't see her until worlds next year..what a big let down...

Yes it is disappointing that we won't see Yuna compete on the GP circuit. With the new TES requirement rule I believe Yuna will have to do a Senior B competition
before 4CC and Worlds to qualify. So we may see her skate before next year.