Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan is engaged (per People magazine)

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar

Michelle Kwan is engaged (per People magazine)

Kwan, 32, tells PEOPLE that she is engaged to Clay Pell, 30, director for strategic planning on the National Security staff at the White House.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...628947,00.html

Custom Title
    This is splendid news! I wish them the best--a long, happy, and productive life. It seems she will be able to share a life of public service with her chosen spouse.

Pell's grandfather, Claiborne Pell, was a giant in Congress. It's nice to see that his tradition of service has continued down through the generations.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    So happy for her!!! Congrats!!

Well, I wonder if anything's going on in the skating world today...guess I'll check out Golden Skate...let's see now, Adam Rippon has a new coach...very interesting...I'll just scroll down a little...

...WHAT???!!!!

I am going to write a song, "Michelle Pell, she's so swell."

Just spotted the article over on people.com..... Wow - time has flown. Can't believe she's already 32 and getting married - I can still picture her as the little 14 year old Olympic alternate. Congratulations to them both!

sorry, my first thought was "I hate you", I mean is not fair, joke, her life has been perfect, great career in figure skating, travel around the world, going to the university, get a job, get married, she has a killer body while some figure skaters get fat after the sport . Well, congratulations.

Here is some information about the guy, from whitehpuse.gov.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows/2011-2012

Custom Title

Best wishes to her and her future husband! Mr. Pell is the luckiest guy in the world!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Here is some information about the guy, from whitehpuse.gov.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows/2011-2012
    Here's another with a different picture.

http://www.golocalprov.com/news/new-...-house-fellow/

He's also in LinkedIn.

Custom Title
    Michelle Pell! Didn't think of that. She'll probably style herself as Michelle Kwan Pell, so the rhythm will be a bit less cute. Wow, we've been aware of her for more than half her life--no wonder many of us feel so delighted to hear her good news.

Custom Title
    Mazel tov to the happy couple! Much joy to them.

Congratulations to Michelle!!!!!!! This is wonderful news for a very special lady. The Kween has taken a King!

Custom Title
    My lands! Did you read about this Clay Pell? He is fluent in Chinese, Spanish and Arabic, has a law degree, and has helped people just about all over the world. If we had searched the cosmos to find the perfect man for Our Michelle, we could not have found anyone as good as this. In fact, if we had tried to invent someone with the right accomplishments, we would not have believed ourselves had we come up with a guy like this.

ETA: I wonder if this guy knows how many people wish him well.
    Last edited by Olympia; 09-11-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    My lands! Did you read about this Clay Pell? He is fluent in Chinese, Spanish and Arabic, has a law degree, and has helped people just about all over the world. If we had searched the cosmos to find the perfect man for Our Michelle, we could not have found anyone as good as this. In fact, if we had tried to invent someone with the right accomplishments, we would not have believed ourselves had we come up with a guy like this.
    Wow, perfect for Michelle Kwan! What a handsome couple!!! Congratulations to both of them!

Does he have some asian ancestry? I wondered, though its not a very sharp picture. He has had the best education, and I would not be surprised to see this couple enter politics, tho it sounds like MK wants a family rather soon. He's got pretty intimidating credentials, I'd say. Good Michelle is so confident. The glam LA skater marries a military dude. Very interesting!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast