Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan is engaged (per People magazine)

Definitely seems to have the potential to run for some type of office. Nice bit of storytelling mixed in with appeal to voters....

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/r...s-turn-40.html

Custom Title
    I can't believe she's married already. It just seems just like yesterday that I was sobbing over her wuzrobbery at Nagano ...

Rinkside
    i saw some picture of her man.. he's not good looking at all, she can do better.

This rush of happy feelings, I can't stand! Congrats to the happy couple:D May their lives be full of sincere happiness!

Best wishes to them!

Custom Title
    I hope whoever Michelle marries and whatever she chooses to do she is happy. I am a little disappointed that someone would judge her future husband (they are not married yet as I understand) based on looks. Sadly we cannot all be aesthetically pleasing and some of us have health issues and issues beyond our control. I am sure Michelle and her beauty are helped by that she is an American skating star though to be fair, if she was not so loved and adored she may not even be consider pretty ...I am just saying....

Admittedly they do have good credentials or bones so to speak to be politicians with her background, fame, education and even his though not as well known. Perfect - educated, talented, well connected individuals. They are very blessed and fortunate.

Custom Title
    "She can do better"? Not by much! This young guy has accomplished more than most of us will in a lifetime. Speaks three languages besides English, and seems to use them for doing good in the world. Has served his country in the Coast Guard and has a law degree to boot. All this before the age of thirty. Instead, I suppose Michelle could have chosen some fashion model or movie star with a gorgeous face and a personal trainer. Personally, I'm glad she didn't.

Thanks for the great article about Pell Grants. I side with the Pell family on this one.

What wonderful news to wake up to! Congrats to Michelle & Clay!

Actually, our young Mr. Pell doesn't need a personal trainer to keep fit -- he has the Coast Guard. For some reason, the Coast Guard JAGs (officers who are lawyers serving in the Coast Guard legal division, mostly dealing with cases of maritime law) are known for having an obsession with personal fitness. He is probably right up there with Michelle in this regard.

His family is also rich -- the better to devote their lives to good works. Pell's ancestors include a slew of Senators and Congressmen, including the Vice President of the U.S. under President Polk, plus they are heirs to a number of fortunes (a tobacco fortune from long ago, the A&P supermarkets fortune, and others). He is also descended from the brilliant 17th century number theorist John Pell (see "Pell's Equation. )

Custom Title
    I feel ridiculously like a proud aunt whose niece has found the right guy. Even a mathematician in the family! Definitely worthy of Our Michelle.

The nice thing is how much he seems to have done on his own steam already. This is not a chap who sits around. Michelle's choice also shows what she values in life. Someone at her level of fame and achievement would meet a lot of glamorous people, and she's chosen someone who is a real worker bee.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    His family is also rich -- the better to devote their lives to good works. Pell's ancestors include a slew of Senators and Congressmen, including the Vice President of the U.S. under President Polk, plus they are heirs to a number of fortunes (a tobacco fortune from long ago, the A&P supermarkets fortune, and others). He is also descended from the brilliant 17th century number theorist John Pell (see "Pell's Equation. )
    Nice to see they have updated the 21st century version of Pell's Equation in bringing one Michelle Kwan to the family :P

Fantastic news, utterly delighted for Michelle to find a great partner who can devote to public services together! Think of all the great things they can accomplish together in the future! Just wow!! Yipeeee!!

Custom Title
    I am so happy for Michelle!! Wonderful news. Clay sounds like a worthy match for her in every way. She's chosen someone with real substance and skills to be her partner in life--proving yet again what a smart and special person she is herself. I wish them every happiness. (And it will be interesting to see if either of them ever runs for elected office! Maybe both of them will!)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Well, I wonder if anything's going on in the skating world today...guess I'll check out Golden Skate...let's see now, Adam Rippon has a new coach...very interesting...I'll just scroll down a little...

...WHAT???!!!!
    ."
    Hahahahaha! But this is exactly what happened to me!!! Heartfelt congrats to Michelle and wishing her and family all the very, very best! (hope we get to see wedding pictures too )

Custom Title
    Mr. Pell very likely speaks better Chinese than Michelle does. Michelle can only speak a little Cantonese which is a dialect of HongKong and GuangDong province of China, not an official language.

Custom Title
    I don't know if this was mentioned yet but one things for sure: they will have gorgeous kids haha

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast