Michelle Kwan is engaged (per People magazine) | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan is engaged (per People magazine)

This is splendid news! I wish them the best--a long, happy, and productive life. It seems she will be able to share a life of public service with her chosen spouse.

Pell's grandfather, Claiborne Pell, was a giant in Congress. It's nice to see that his tradition of service has continued down through the generations.

Well, I wonder if anything's going on in the skating world today...guess I'll check out Golden Skate...let's see now, Adam Rippon has a new coach...very interesting...I'll just scroll down a little...

...WHAT???!!!! :laugh:

I am going to write a song, "Michelle Pell, she's so swell." :love:

heyang

Record Breaker
Just spotted the article over on people.com..... Wow - time has flown. Can't believe she's already 32 and getting married - I can still picture her as the little 14 year old Olympic alternate. Congratulations to them both!

Barb

Record Breaker
sorry, my first thought was "I hate you", I mean is not fair, joke:p, her life has been perfect, great career in figure skating, travel around the world, going to the university, get a job, get married, she has a killer body while some figure skaters get fat after the sport . Well, congratulations.

deedee1

Record Breaker
:hb::hb::hb:
Best wishes to her and her future husband! Mr. Pell is the luckiest guy in the world!!! :)

Michelle Pell! Didn't think of that. She'll probably style herself as Michelle Kwan Pell, so the rhythm will be a bit less cute. Wow, we've been aware of her for more than half her life--no wonder many of us feel so delighted to hear her good news.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Michelle!!!!!!! This is wonderful news for a very special lady. The Kween has taken a King!

My lands! Did you read about this Clay Pell? He is fluent in Chinese, Spanish and Arabic, has a law degree, and has helped people just about all over the world. If we had searched the cosmos to find the perfect man for Our Michelle, we could not have found anyone as good as this. In fact, if we had tried to invent someone with the right accomplishments, we would not have believed ourselves had we come up with a guy like this.

ETA: I wonder if this guy knows how many people wish him well.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
My lands! Did you read about this Clay Pell? He is fluent in Chinese, Spanish and Arabic, has a law degree, and has helped people just about all over the world. If we had searched the cosmos to find the perfect man for Our Michelle, we could not have found anyone as good as this. In fact, if we had tried to invent someone with the right accomplishments, we would not have believed ourselves had we come up with a guy like this.

Wow, perfect for Michelle Kwan! What a handsome couple!!! Congratulations to both of them!:yay:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Does he have some asian ancestry? I wondered, though its not a very sharp picture. He has had the best education, and I would not be surprised to see this couple enter politics, tho it sounds like MK wants a family rather soon. He's got pretty intimidating credentials, I'd say. Good Michelle is so confident. The glam LA skater marries a military dude. Very interesting!

brightphoton

Medalist
I can't believe she's married already. It just seems just like yesterday that I was sobbing over her wuzrobbery at Nagano ...

This rush of happy feelings, I can't stand! Congrats to the happy couple:D May their lives be full of sincere happiness!