Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan is engaged (per People magazine)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    That is odd. Proposing in the water on one's knees in full clothing? Huh? I don't get it MM and don't want to buy People Mag.
    LOL, I don't think that's what Mathman is implying. Think the exact opposite....

They were skinny dipping? On Block Island?

Custom Title
    The sea water is a little chillier than ideal, but certainly no chance of hypothermia.

Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    The sea water is a little chillier than ideal, but certainly no chance of hypothermia.
    And can't a girl who spent half her life on the ice cope with the cool New England ocean temperature

Personally, I don't think any of us should presume what's going on between MK and her fiancee. Just be happy for her. I've seeen plenty of relationships that look lovey dovey on the outside to be truly nightmares behind closed doors at home. I've also seen relationships that seem odd on the outside to be perfect matches. Just because they choose to keep their personal lives private does not mean that they don't have love and passion between them for each other. A person who is reserved does not feel less than others - they are just more inclined to reveal those feelings to only people who they love and trust.

IMHO, I don't believe that MK craves public attention - we hardly hear a peep out of her, especially as related to her personal life. Any TV appearances she makes is in support of skating and nothing else - she does nothing to promote her off ice life.

To me, it seems that all those years of international travel as a representative on ice for the US gave her some unique opportunities to represent her country after life on the ice - it's not as though government jobs are particularly high paying as compared to others. Other people receive the calling to be ambassadors for various personal reasons that they aren't required to reveal.

BTW, I also wanted to mention that I've never heard of any boyfriends for Tara, Sarah and other champion skaters - doesn't mean that don't have boyfriends, but they are just keeping their personal lives private.

Custom Title
    Thumbs up for both your posts!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Personally, I don't think any of us should presume what's going on between MK and her fiancee. Just be happy for her. I've seeen plenty of relationships that look lovey dovey on the outside to be truly nightmares behind closed doors at home. I've also seen relationships that seem odd on the outside to be perfect matches. Just because they choose to keep their personal lives private does not mean that they don't have love and passion between them for each other. A person who is reserved does not feel less than others - they are just more inclined to reveal those feelings to only people who they love and trust.

IMHO, I don't believe that MK craves public attention - we hardly hear a peep out of her, especially as related to her personal life. Any TV appearances she makes is in support of skating and nothing else - she does nothing to promote her off ice life.

To me, it seems that all those years of international travel as a representative on ice for the US gave her some unique opportunities to represent her country after life on the ice - it's not as though government jobs are particularly high paying as compared to others. Other people receive the calling to be ambassadors for various personal reasons that they aren't required to reveal.
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    BTW, I also wanted to mention that I've never heard of any boyfriends for Tara, Sarah and other champion skaters - doesn't mean that don't have boyfriends, but they are just keeping their personal lives private.

Michelle Kwan is such a role model in so many ways, not just in sports!

Actually many people who are not eagerly showing off their passions to others have deeper and longer lasting passions.

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    That is odd. Proposing in the water on one's knees in full clothing? Huh?
    No more confusing/weird than a wedding in a Monsoon - http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...dle-of-monsoon

Sounds pretty romantic to me. At least it's not the typical dinner with the ring in the dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think Kristi had a chance to interact personally with Mitt Romney at the 2002 Olympics, where Kristi was the star ice skating attraction in the opening ceremonies. She donated money to Romney's primary campaign in 2008. Romney is the only politician that she ever made a donation to, so I would guess that she probably likes Romney as a person and is not really very much into politics herself.
    Steven Spielberg has been known to donate to both sides during campaigns... it's not unusual to see celebs pad both sides "just in case." (Spielberg's case is more about Israel from what I can gather than his own personal gain.)
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 09-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Custom Title
    And then there are the parachute weddings, where the couple (and the pastor) are in midair at the time of the vows....See how tame proposing in the water sounds now?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    And then there are the parachute weddings, where the couple (and the pastor) are in midair at the time of the vows....See how tame proposing in the water sounds now?
    under water weddings in aquariums, too, don't forget those!

My favorite is the Roller Coaster Wedding. The pastor is in the car in front of the couple and marries them as they
    are perched on top of the ride as the couple say I do the ride starts and they descend down for a wild ride.
    The funny thing was that the bride was in full wedding dress and veil. She must have used nails
    to fasten the veil to her head. lol

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    My favorite is the Roller Coaster Wedding. The pastor is in the car in front of the couple and marries them as they
    are perched on top of the ride as the couple say I do the ride starts and they descend down for a wild ride.
    The funny thing was that the bride was in full wedding dress and veil. She must have used nails
    to fasten the veil to her head. lol

hadn't heard of that one... scary!

Kwanatic has posted they are Republicans. I shall post Sasha's best from now own. I suppose one might have guessed.

Custom Title
    I like Michelle Kwan regardless her political views.

I like some of the democrats' views, also like some of the republican' views. I wish there will be a party which takes the best things out of both Democrats and Republicans.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast