Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Men's SP JGP Austria 2012

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I do know that Nathan's coaches have been working for years to make sure he doesn't overdo on the jumps. I'm guessing Nathan would have been trying 3 axels at 10 if not for good coaching. I think they are trying hard to find a good balance.
    Also the fact that Nathan is very involved a LOT of extracurricular activities, he's not just living and breathing figure skating, which I believe will help save his body (and his mind) as he grows. But absolutely THRILLED for him...what a way to be welcomed to the world!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeauty View Post
    Also the fact that Nathan is very involved a LOT of extracurricular activities, he's not just living and breathing figure skating, which I believe will help save his body (and his mind) as he grows. But absolutely THRILLED for him...what a way to be welcomed to the world!
    I agree. Someone mentioned on the LP thread they thought Nathan was probably a practice demon. I know that until a year or so ago Nathan was only doing a couple of hours a day on the ice. I'm sure the ballet he did helped with ice training too. Last year he was still dancing in the annual Ballet West production of the Nutcracker as he has done for several years. Now his ISU bio lists his training as 30 hours a week in off season and 25 hours during the season. So his practice time has increased since he moved to Lake Arrowhead. Now is probably the appropriate time.

I think the key is his mental focus. He started training the 3 axel this year (I assume) and now he has it. Several of the senior men have been working on that jump for years with only partial success. I find his ability to master the things he sets his mind to to be simply amazing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3