Heather(KwanFan1212)'s Nationals Reports | Golden Skate

Heather(KwanFan1212)'s Nationals Reports

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
She's calling friends of hers who are posting on the Jamie and David and Golden Dreams boards

here's the first story:
Posted on Golden Dreams by Chele615:
Ok....so I got the first official "Atlanta Nationals" phone call for the week Heather called all excited and was already gushing and nothing has started yet. Oh god...what are we in for?

Well, both Heather's and Dawn's flights made it to Atlanta safely and on time!! They said that Atlanta airport is HUGE and it took them forever to find the baggage claim!

Once they settled into the hotel, they went exploring. I guess they're staying in one of the official hotels, but not one of the hotels with a shuttle. So they went off in search of shuttle information. On the way there, Dawn was leading Heather....basically the "blind leading the blind" if you ask me While walking, the "Don't Walk" sign was flashing but it wasn't red, it was white...so Dawn started crossing and Heather followed her and they proceeded to have cars flying towards them...OOPS!

They finally made it to the place they needed to be and got in line to get their credentials and everything. As they were waiting in line, they heard someone come up behind them, turned around, and noticed that Peggy Fleming was standing behind them. So, skater sighting #1!!!

Apparently Dawn also doesn't know how to read a map...so it took them a while to get back to the hotel. Once they were finally there, they started checking out their hotel room and realized that there was what looked like a microwave in their closet. All befuddled by this, they were like "Umm...ok" and let it be. Turns out, it was the SAFE!!! LOL

Dawn's really excited because Nancy Kerrigan is being inducted into the USFSA Skating Hall of Fame this week so she's beyond herself because she adores Nancy and Nancy is going to be in the area this week.

Dawn's first volunteering shift is tomorrow and she has to get up at like 3:30AM!! CRAZY!!!

Finally, in the official nationals scorebook thing that they both got, Michelle Kwan's short program is the same as last year....the peter gabriel one. Cassie and Noe will enjoy that

Ooh...yeah, Dawn and Heather might be able to catch SOI on tv tomorrow. If so, Dawn is going to need DOUBLE DROOL BUCKETS because she'll get to see John Zimmerman there and then she gets to watch Peter T practice tomorrow as well. She's one happy woman!

for more reports check them out here:
http://pub73.ezboard.com/fananpatfrm8.showMessage?topicID=143.topic

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the report, Toni.........I feel like I'm there!!! 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Chele forgot to send the report over to Golden Dreams, but I was able to catch it at S-P.com

Report time from 2004 Nats, and todays focus is on dance.
First of all for the last few months it has been rumored that Karen Kwan was pregnant. This was confirmed today ... Dawn said that she is quite round. Congratulations to her.

OK .. onto dance. Dawn reported from the senor dance practice today that Peter T. chopped his hair and he has returned it to his original color. (Leave it to Dawn to give me that information.) She said that L/T were skating slow, and were a bit tenative. She did say that they had a few new lifts that they were looking to show off. They are skating to a Sarah Brighman song ... the title is unknown at this time, but thats what they are going to be looking into tomorrow. Tanith and Ben were a no show today... it was hypothesized that they might be still stuck in the Detroit area because of that snow storm that wholloped them today.
Dawn said that Melissa and Denis looked GREAT! They had good speed, and good lifts. They took the ice for a program run through, but somehow their music was MIA, so no complete runthrough was made.

Dance is DEFINATLY going to be interesting this year!

Melissa, Denis, Peter and Naomi were spotted watching the other practice sessions. Naomi and Peter signed autographs during the session that they were watching. Dawn said it was cute.

Somehow *I* am probably going to be getting "roped" into Portland 2005.

Thats all for now .. This is reporter Pool signing off.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:laugh:

I'm just glad I'm not the one who made the typo, I just copied it :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
here's the latest:

Posted by Chele615 on Golden Dreams
Here is the next installment of Heather and Dawn's adventures

Dawn got to stand in the Kiss and Cry area for like 5 hours today and ride the ZAMBONI!!! I want her job

They saw a lot of practices today.

LADIES

Sasha ~ Looking good
Michelle ~ Short spiral sequence, seemed like there were parts missing or something "blah/empty"
Amber ~ Hit or miss
Bebe ~ By herself...no coach. Looked decent and did a nice job
Angela ~ Looked great! Skated by halfway through practice and said "Hi! How are you?" to Dawn
Jenny Kirk ~ looked great! Landed a couple 3/3 combos
AP McDonough ~ Had a rough practice.

Skate Order for Ladies:
4) Bebe
5) Sasha
6) Angela
8) Amber
9) Michelle
18) Jenny Kirk
Last) Ye Bin...Dawn said that she skated last last year too and people were leaving during her performance. If that happens again, she will personally hurt people

MENS PRACTICE:

No show for Michael Weiss. Dawn was with Heather at all times so she can't be blamed for anything

Tim Goebel ~ Hit or miss...he would land 3/3 combos but then not hit a 3 lutz or something
Ryan Bradley ~ rough practice
Matt Savoie ~ Good "the one to watch"
Scott Smith ~ Decent practice
Ryan Jahnke ~ decent runthrough

Skate Orders (what Dawn wrote down)
2) Matt Savoie
9) Timmy
17) Michael Weiss

Both Angela and Ryan Jahnke saw the signs that Heather made and smiled. Heather has also made some sparkly signs for Tanith and Ben, Melissa and Denis, and Naomi and Peter to show off tonight during the CD and OD. They're going to text message me later on tonight with the results from that.

PAIRS PRACTICE
Aaron and Marcy ~ Looked nice!
Tiff/Phil and Rena/John ~ They'll probably be top 2
Larisa/Craig ~ Finally made it...

Lots of falls though with the pairs.

Random Frank Carroll sighting in the food court though as the girls were eating dinner on the phone with me. LOL

JOHIO2

Medalist
So Michelle is gonna be an auntie! Best wishes for Karen and family. I noticed that 'cuz I'm gonna be a gramma soon. Wonder if Karen's having a girl or a boy? (or if we are only judging by her reported "roundness," maybe twins! OK, enough clowning around!)

Thanks Tonichelle for the Heather and Dawn reports. Go Zamboni! And thanks for the link to Cole's report, Dewet. I don't know Cole but anybody with a cow avatar and a "Moo!" signature is my kind of fan! And I know my Twinnie will love it too!

So glad to hear Angela is looking great. What a wonderful thing it would be for her to make the podium and go to Worlds after everything she's been through.

The relationship between Michelle and Artunian sounds great and bodes well. Could the "skid thing" described be a slide spiral? If so, that would be COOL! Training back up at altitude (Lake Arrowhead) must be doing wonders for Michelle's hemoglobin and her endurance must be incredible down in Atlanta.

Not surprised Sasha went back to the straightline FW. Although I sure liked the serpentine, I thought she performed the SL better. Under the COP, she definitely got more points for the serpentine, but under the ordinal system Cohen and Wagner can evaluate how much potential benefit she gets from doing serpentine vs. the risk of getting tired both in runthroughs and performance. Nice to hear she and Robin kept at the loop until she got it right. Sorry to hear she stopped in the middle. Hope her endurance is good.

Hopefully AP will do better in the event, but she is injured. Such a shame. This just hasn't been her year--at least so far.

Glad to hear things with Jenny are going well.

Of course it all comes down to the real thing. Michelle is as close as it comes to a sure thing--she seems to really thrive on competition. But it's hard to say what practices mean with everybody else, at least for me. Just hoping for good skates from everybody so the placements are judged on the positive (who skates best) instead of the negative (who falls the least).

Go ladies, go!
Rgirl

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks to all...

For the reports and links. Sounds like the ladies are setting up for a great competition. I hope the pairs and men manage to stay on their feet. I was sad to read that Peter and Naomi had to withdraw.

Rgirl - I'm with you hoping the judges get to pick the best of the best - and not the best of the splats.

DG