Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Today's SOI Broadcast

Today's SOI Broadcast

Paul Wylie's JFK...oh my! I wish Mike would try some programs like this. Elena Bechke was so elegant, I miss her skating. Segeii and Katia, such a loss but I am pleased that Katia has found new happiness. Good to see Okasana back doing what she does best. STILL hate the chair number.

Complaint: Why couldn't Johnny Z. read ALL of the cities the tour will be visiting. That alone would be worth taping.:D

Piel

I couldn't understand why they picked the chair number as one of the top numbers. I still think it's stupid.
    Seeing Sergei broke my heart.

Well, I would've liked to see this year's show (are they going to show it later? I've heard that maybe in March), but I must say that the compilation was rather nice.

Paul Wylie - loved him. Not only his Tribute to JFK, but everything they showed of him (and he had some groovy moves ).

Yuka without make up, and with her hair down, is just stunning. Wow.

S & P's "dancers" number seems like fun.

I liked Scott's "Hair" number very much (never saw it before). Maybe because I love "Hair", but the choreography was interesting and Scott actually did some skating for a change.

Steve Cousins always skates the same number...

I wished they showed some of Kulik's programs.

The new "at work" number looks very promising. :D

Kurt with more hair looked great, and skated very nice.

I was rolling with laughter when they showed Scott being chased by Lloyd Eisler in drag. Nice choreography, lol.

Overall, it was a nice compilation, and there weren't many commercials in between, which was really a plus.

Originally posted by Piel
    Complaint: Why couldn't Johnny Z. read ALL of the cities the tour will be visiting. That alone would be worth taping.
    I had the same thought, not about John, though. Anton was funny with his "Massa...tchu...attchutttsedtsssbaaaa."

JFK is definately a masterpiece

I really enjoyed this special(though I would have liked to see some of this years show). I really liked seeing the stuff pre-92/93(I have 92/93 thru to the present on tape)... overall really nice

although Kurt was jipped... he should have made the top 8! LOL

I agree, Toni. I was expecting either Brick House or the Clown in the place of the "tie" between the two grand finales.

Wasn't Paul fantatic? Of course Kristi's Doop-doop is one of my all-time favorites.

Windspirit, what would be really funny is if they went on a tour of Russia and made the American skaters try to pronounce the names of the cities in Russian.

Mathman
    Last edited by Mathman; 01-04-2004 at 08:00 PM.

TriGirl Rinkside
    An hour and a half ad for SOI - expensive way of getting the word out. Enjoyed it, though. Until recently, I paid little attention to pro skating so I hadn't seen much of what was shown.

Loved Paul's JKF ... the line on his inside spread eagle is stunning. I also really enjoyed the chair program and the number with Kurt, Scott, and Paul all in black.

I'm very tempted to see this year's show in San Jose next weekend. I shouldn't spend the money, but I want to see Kurt before he retires for good, Yuka, and the SLC pairs. Looks like an entertaining show.

Custom Title
    I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAID=I ENJOYED IT TOO=POOR ANTON TRYING TO SAY MASSACHUSETTS=I'VE GOT MY TICKETS AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE SHOW LIVE=IT COMES TO MASS IN FEB. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF PAUL SKATED IN THIS SHOW I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM LIVE=

cb

Rogue Leader
    Too much Scott, not enough Kurt, IMO

Custom Title
    I loved it too.

1. P.Wylie.
    2. Pretty Lloyd chasing Scott
    3. Torvil and Dean
    4. comedy - this is pretty much why I am going this year. I am so glad Scott is back! The funny numbers are gonna be fun to see for sure. :D :D

I saw them do the chair number live. It looked more like a BLUE MEN routine, than a skating demonstration. I just zeroed my binoculars in on Rene Roca and enjoyed the show.

my one question is... before now was Lloyd and Scott's routine EVER SHOWN on TV??? If so I HAVE TO HAVE A COPY OF THE FULKL ROUTINE! That was just priceless... the Katarina Witt/Scott make out is cute... but Lloyd litterally had my dad on the floor howling with laughter! I NEED THAT PROGRAM! LOL

I enjoyed the show, also. My husband actually let me turn off the playoffs for a little while. I hadn't seen several of the top 8 so it wasn't all reruns for me. Paul Wylie is always wonderful to watch. I think "The Chairmen is a fun number.

I'm really jealous of all who get to see a live show.
    Last edited by Pookie; 01-05-2004 at 09:39 AM.

Lloyd does drag better than any other skater. Patricia the Stripper was one of his best, IMO.

Piel

Custom Title
    Tonichelle,

The Lloyd/Scott number is from 1996 Canadian Stars on Ice. I have it on tape. PM me if you want a copy.

This show is being trashed on every other message board. It was everything I hate about skating:

props
    bad costumes
    men in drag
    clowns

At least we got to see some of our old favorites from the glory days of SOI. Too bad the clips were so short.

This year's show was great. I hope you all get to see it.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Apparently, A&E is scheduled to show the 2004 SOI in March. Anyhow, I think the Marketing & PR departments for SOI are doing a wonderful job this year, thank God. They showed us just enough to arouse our curiosity. I thought the NBC show was good.

Dee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast