Today's SOI Broadcast | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Today's SOI Broadcast

shdotz

On the Ice
SOI on TV

I'd also like to see the SOI show in totality on TV and for the same monetary reason.

For me, SOI is the best on TV.

sh

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This was a great tribute to SOI. It ended way too soon with me wanting more. I wish they could have shown one of G and G's numbers in it's entirety, though................Just a comment about Torville and Dean. I know that their "Bolero" was great and ground-breaking, but, I thought the number they showcased on the SOI tribute was wonderful........my new fav of theirs. (Am I imagining, or has Chris Dean all but lost his British accent?) 42

JOHIO2

Medalist
I agree with everyone who wanted to see more of the 2004 tour. But I also realize that this was a pre-tour hype job so I just enjoyed what I did see.

As for picking "best" -- I wanted to see more of last years Studz number. And if asked, I would have said "show the number the cast did with Torville and Dean and the hat." One of my all-time favs.

If A&E won't be showing SOI until March, I might have a chance to actually see these programs live first, as Cleveland stop is beginning of February. (Hope my son-in-law remembers to get those freebies. Last year my daughter and I sat center ice and close enough to see facial expressions. I loved it. My daughter loved the Studz number. She's not really a figure skating fan, but she went with me cuz I wanted to go. This year, she'll probably pass, as she is expecting in early April and starting to make ever-more-frequent bathroom trips!)

Wait, maybe we have already seen some of these new programs, especially since Sale and Pelletier and Ber. and Sik and Ino and Zimmerman all did new programs on that team challenge program last month.

show 42 said:
(Am I imagining, or has Chris Dean all but lost his British accent?) 42
Show, I was thinking the same thing. He and Jill (Trenary, now Mrs. Dean) have been living in Colorado for about eight years now, and since '84 Chris had a very international life.

For others, SOI is definitely planning on telecasting their 2004 show--or most of it, they never show every single number. Probably sometime in April or May.:)
Rgirl

smclamar

Spectator
Lloyd's routine and others

LLoyd's routine is an old one - at least he did it with Isabelle at COI a year or two ago. Ditto Scott's Hair one.

Welcome to the forum, smclamar, and thanks for posting!

I didn't think they meant that those old programs are part of this year's show, they just were showing some of the great SOI programs of the past on this TV special. (?)

Mathman

heyang

Record Breaker
I missed it. I realized I forgot to set the VCR up before I went to see Return of the King. Fortunately, I have several past seasons of SOI on tape.

I'm glad SOI will be broadcast in March because I'll be seeing it live in Trenton in February (Great seats are more available than in NYC or Philadelphia and it's closer than both). Yeah - I get to be surprised for once. Paul and Kristi are the special guests, too.

I, too, prefer SOI to COI. The ensemble numbers are always fun and I like how they transition into each other's numbers. Also, you get to see everyone mutliple times. On COI, they usually only skate one number and have bitty parts in the opening and closing.