Thread: Rule Changes: 2012-2013

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Rule Changes: 2012-2013

Before the Senior Grand Prix kicks off, I wanted to ask: Are there any significant changes to the rules for the new season?

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    - 10% bonus for jumps in the 2nd half of SP (only singles)
    - Choreo seq (a la moves in the field) instead of spiral sequence (ladies + pairs)
    - Choreo lift in the end of the free dance (BV only 0.20)

Custom Title
    - new level for elements - basic level ( no features at all)
    - 1/2 on one foot is no longer a feature to raise a level in a step sequence
    Last edited by babayaga; 09-16-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Custom Title
    The 10% bonus is a great idea to balance the program out. It's so annoying to see three jumps back to back at the beginning of short programs.

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    - 10% bonus for jumps in the 2nd half of SP (only singles)
    - Choreo seq (a la moves in the field) instead of spiral sequence (ladies + pairs)
    - Choreo lift in the end of the free dance (BV only 0.20)

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    I love it! One of my favourite moves in the field is ina bauer and I hope ladies will do them more often now. I'm pretty sure several could do them almost as well as Shizuka did. Great idea to add it to programs. But will it be necessary only in the lp or in the sp as well?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The most important change in dance is that if the timing is incorrect for key points in the SD, you don't get credit for those key points.

Custom Title
    Doris, in regards to the top 10 teams in the World, does that give any team an advantage over another team? For example, is V&M better at timing than D&W or the Shibs better at timing than some of the teams that passed them last year?

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The most important change in dance is that if the timing is incorrect for key points in the SD, you don't get credit for those key points.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Both D&W and V&M are capable of very good timing. The Shibs have shown awesome timing since a very young age, but they are new to the Yankee Polka.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    I love it! One of my favourite moves in the field is ina bauer and I hope ladies will do them more often now. I'm pretty sure several could do them almost as well as Shizuka did. Great idea to add it to programs. But will it be necessary only in the lp or in the sp as well?
    The choreo seq is only in the LP. The old step sequence is still in the SP, though it does not have to be circular, straightline or serpentine - it just has to utilize the whole surface of the ice.

Thanks for the answer . So there'll be no step sequence in the lp? I thought there would be both step and choreo sequences in free skate

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    Thanks for the answer . So there'll be no step sequence in the lp? I thought there would be both step and choreo sequences in free skate
    No, in the FS both the StSq and the Choreo Sequence, in the SP just the StSq!