Rule Changes: 2012-2013 | Golden Skate

Rule Changes: 2012-2013

Bruin714

On the Ice
Before the Senior Grand Prix kicks off, I wanted to ask: Are there any significant changes to the rules for the new season?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
- 10% bonus for jumps in the 2nd half of SP (only singles)
- Choreo seq (a la moves in the field) instead of spiral sequence (ladies + pairs)
- Choreo lift in the end of the free dance (BV only 0.20)

babayaga

On the Ice
- new level for elements - basic level ( no features at all)
- 1/2 on one foot is no longer a feature to raise a level in a step sequence

Last edited:

Bruin714

On the Ice
The 10% bonus is a great idea to balance the program out. It's so annoying to see three jumps back to back at the beginning of short programs.

- 10% bonus for jumps in the 2nd half of SP (only singles)
- Choreo seq (a la moves in the field) instead of spiral sequence (ladies + pairs)
- Choreo lift in the end of the free dance (BV only 0.20)

Cherryy

On the Ice

I love it! :yes: One of my favourite moves in the field is ina bauer and I hope ladies will do them more often now. I'm pretty sure several could do them almost as well as Shizuka did. Great idea to add it to programs. But will it be necessary only in the lp or in the sp as well? :think:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The most important change in dance is that if the timing is incorrect for key points in the SD, you don't get credit for those key points.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I love it! :yes: One of my favourite moves in the field is ina bauer and I hope ladies will do them more often now. I'm pretty sure several could do them almost as well as Shizuka did. Great idea to add it to programs. But will it be necessary only in the lp or in the sp as well? :think:

The choreo seq is only in the LP. The old step sequence is still in the SP, though it does not have to be circular, straightline or serpentine - it just has to utilize the whole surface of the ice.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Thanks for the answer :). So there'll be no step sequence in the lp? I thought there would be both step and choreo sequences in free skate :eek:hwell:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Thanks for the answer :). So there'll be no step sequence in the lp? I thought there would be both step and choreo sequences in free skate :eek:hwell:
No, in the FS both the StSq and the Choreo Sequence, in the SP just the StSq!

Bruin714

On the Ice
Doris, in regards to the top 10 teams in the World, does that give any team an advantage over another team? For example, is V&M better at timing than D&W or the Shibs better at timing than some of the teams that passed them last year?

The most important change in dance is that if the timing is incorrect for key points in the SD, you don't get credit for those key points.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Both D&W and V&M are capable of very good timing. The Shibs have shown awesome timing since a very young age, but they are new to the Yankee Polka.