Thread: Sotnikova to up the ante

News Sotnikova to up the ante

Russia’s 16-year-old figure skating prodigy Adelina Sotnikova is to take another leap forward in difficulty in the upcoming season by adding a triple Lutz-triple toeloop combination to her program, she told R-Sport on Monday.

More

Then it would go like

3lz-3lo / 3lz-3t / 3f-2t-2lo / 3s / 3f / 2a / 2a

in any order?

It's really, really ambitious of her. Good for Adelina for her strong competitor fire, go Adelina!

No, the layout will be: 3Lz+3T, 3F, 2A+3T, 2A, 3F+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S... Great program! I hope it will be a great season for Adelina!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    No, the layout will be: 3Lz+3T, 3F, 2A+3T, 2A, 3F+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S... Great program! I hope it will be a great season for Adelina!
    It will be simplification of her previous jump content, which was 3Lz+3Lo, 3F, 2A+3T, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3S+2T, 2A (WJC-2011). Almost the same was at WJC-2012.
    And she at WJC-2011 landed 3Lz+3T at SP. So it is not a new combo for her.

True. I wonder why they say that she's "taking another leap forward in difficulty" when she actually simplified her jump layout. A bit weird.
    But on the other hand her 3Lz-3L wasn't really consistent. Maybe she'll be able to execute it every time she wants to and get positive GOE's. Then that change in program would pay off.

Custom Title
    ^
    May be journalist doesn't know figure skating very well, and wrote as understood, not exactly that Adelina said.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    It will be simplification of her previous jump content, which was 3Lz+3Lo, 3F, 2A+3T, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3S+2T, 2A (WJC-2011). Almost the same was at WJC-2012.
    And she at WJC-2011 landed 3Lz+3T at SP. So it is not a new combo for her.
    And she's doing the LSp instead of the FCCoSp, the level 4 base value is 0.80 lower... So, lower base value for the jumps, lower base value for the spins, a big semplification, I hope we'll se more quality!