Thread: Sotnikova to up the ante

0 Not allowed!

News Sotnikova to up the ante

Russia’s 16-year-old figure skating prodigy Adelina Sotnikova is to take another leap forward in difficulty in the upcoming season by adding a triple Lutz-triple toeloop combination to her program, she told R-Sport on Monday.

More

0 Not allowed!
    Then it would go like

3lz-3lo / 3lz-3t / 3f-2t-2lo / 3s / 3f / 2a / 2a

in any order?

It's really, really ambitious of her. Good for Adelina for her strong competitor fire, go Adelina!

0 Not allowed!
    No, the layout will be: 3Lz+3T, 3F, 2A+3T, 2A, 3F+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S... Great program! I hope it will be a great season for Adelina!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    No, the layout will be: 3Lz+3T, 3F, 2A+3T, 2A, 3F+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S... Great program! I hope it will be a great season for Adelina!
    It will be simplification of her previous jump content, which was 3Lz+3Lo, 3F, 2A+3T, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3S+2T, 2A (WJC-2011). Almost the same was at WJC-2012.
    And she at WJC-2011 landed 3Lz+3T at SP. So it is not a new combo for her.

0 Not allowed!
    True. I wonder why they say that she's "taking another leap forward in difficulty" when she actually simplified her jump layout. A bit weird.
    But on the other hand her 3Lz-3L wasn't really consistent. Maybe she'll be able to execute it every time she wants to and get positive GOE's. Then that change in program would pay off.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    ^
    May be journalist doesn't know figure skating very well, and wrote as understood, not exactly that Adelina said.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    It will be simplification of her previous jump content, which was 3Lz+3Lo, 3F, 2A+3T, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3S+2T, 2A (WJC-2011). Almost the same was at WJC-2012.
    And she at WJC-2011 landed 3Lz+3T at SP. So it is not a new combo for her.
    And she's doing the LSp instead of the FCCoSp, the level 4 base value is 0.80 lower... So, lower base value for the jumps, lower base value for the spins, a big semplification, I hope we'll se more quality!