Back to Skating: My flip | Golden Skate

Back to Skating: My flip

Noga L.

Rinkside
Heyyy... So I'm kind of bummed to be publishing this because my flip doesn't look half as good as my loop :( But this is what I've got so far.

Ignore the bending of the free leg prior to the jump, which is obviously wrong and ugly, and I have now noticed. I would like to focus on the actual jump and read your comments because they have been very helpful so far.

Thank you.

http://youtu.be/xo_HUbaYx8E

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
For what I've seen, I can suggest you to try to use your left leg in a better way: don't extend it until the jump is over, try to land it in a "close" position and then open your body in the landing position. And, for the landing position, I think it could look a bit nicer with your right arm a bit lower...

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
The biggest problem with this jump is the entry, which affects the take off. If you're going to use the fwd outside 3 entry it needs to be flatter. You're pulling it around the curve too much which puts your toeing foot in an awkward position. Even though a flip is supposed to be off an inside edge, you'll find most of the best ones are pretty much on a flat or a very slight inside. Flattening the 3 turn will allow you to stretch the toeing foot back further. You need more reach back of the free foot and more bend of the skating knee to increase the height. Remember you are still jumping off of the left foot, even with the toe assist, so the greater that knee bend the higher the jump. Don't be so hard on yourself about the quality of the jump though. It's still very good for the amount of time you've been off the ice.

Noga L.

Rinkside
thank you. I have a lesson on Friday. Hopefully I'll do better than this =]

Last edited: