Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CoC and NHK GP assignments in the light of new developments

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    indeed, It has become too heated now, I don't normally like talking about Politics so its time for this tread to be moved to politics section
    the thread will stay here, the more political posts are already moved elsewhere.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The Politics Thread on this subject, called Unrest in China, is here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...nrest-in-China

Custom Title
    The situation is normalized.
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/20120920_17.html
    "All 10 Japanese schools across China have now resumed classes."

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The Politics Thread on this subject, called Unrest in China, is here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...nrest-in-China
    That Thread should be renamed to "Unrest in China and on GS".

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    That Thread should be renamed to "Unrest in China and on GS".
    I cant speak for all gsers, but I am well rested.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Japanese skaters are listed. Chinese fans must be very happy about it.

http://www.cupofchina.net/_d275360981.htm

Custom Title
    http://fsnews.ru/page.php?id=1643

This Russian article says, negotiation is underway to transfer (Japanese) athletes to other events. Probably the JSF has asked the Russian FS federation to accept Japanese skaters to Cup of Russia. If the deal was made, the ISU would not have any reason to object. I think it's very likely that Japan is not sending skaters to China.

Custom Title
    I'm starting to think that Japanese government wants to make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    http://fsnews.ru/page.php?id=1643

This Russian article says, negotiation is underway to transfer (Japanese) athletes to other events. Probably the JSF has asked the Russian FS federation to accept Japanese skaters to Cup of Russia. If the deal was made, the ISU would not have any reason to object. I think it's very likely that Japan is not sending skaters to China.
    I wonder how many GP TBA slots are left at this late date. I would think that all of the spots are taken. Thank you or the link.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I wonder how many GP TBA slots are left at this late date. I would think that all of the spots are taken. Thank you or the link.
    I guess it's just "transfer". If Russia accepts Asada and Takahashi, they will have 11 Men and Ladies. Under the extraordinary circumstances, and especially the safety of athletes is at stake, they don't need to stick to number quotas. NHK trophy can accept Machida and Ando (if she chooses to compete)..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    The "article" is not an article at all but a post/comment of an annonymous poster on this blog (fsnews.ru is not a media, it's basically a private site/blog where posters write their stuff). The comment doesn't mention any Cup of Russia for J-skaters to be transfered to and basically the poster retyped/translated in Russian the stuff that was here on GS 3-4 days ago. Nothing new there. We should wait for the official JSF federation announcement on this matter if any comes. Seems like things come down in fact.

^^ Well, that's all speculation. But it wouldn't be very fair to the rest of the skaters assigned to CoR, who would have to contend with a bigger field and more seeded skaters. It would also leave CoC with one seeded man and no seeded ladies. And it goes against the regulations and the GP announcement. Of course, the JSF is a powerful federation, so if the ISU wants to I am sure they can find a loophole. I just don't think they should, unless there is clear indication closer to the timing of CoC that it would be unsafe for the Japanese skaters to take part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Your posts suggest that you've been thinking that all along. And the politics thread on this is closed, so I suggest you focus on the skating, as others have done.

Is 10 the maximum number of participants for singles or is it 12? I would think that any transfer between countries that goes over the set limit will have to involve the ISU.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    it goes against the regulations and the GP announcement. Of course, the JSF is a powerful federation, so if the ISU wants to I am sure they can find a loophole. I just don't think they should, unless there is clear indication closer to the timing of CoC that it would be unsafe for the Japanese skaters to take part.
    We all know the ISU is very flexible on "rules." They allowed Plushenko to participate Europeans last year even though he didn't have minimum score. Japanese and French federations "swapped men" (so to speak) in this year's GP assignments. As for GP events, host federations seem to have very wide discretion. When they agree on something, the ISU can just give a rubber stamp to them. If some federation (e.g. USA) wants to transfer some of athletes from Russia to "easier" China, it could be arranged.

Anyway, Cup of China will be a commercial failure. No top Japanese skaters will go to China next year (along with sponsors). It's possible that CoC itself could be transferred to a different country.
    Last edited by NMURA; 09-22-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast