Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pechalat and Bourzat find their groove

News Pechalat and Bourzat find their groove

by Tanja Flade:

France's Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat, who are slated to compete at Cup of China and Trophee Eric Bompard, talk about their programs and goals for the 2012-13 season.

Love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Love them!
    Me too

BTW, here's a recent article (in French) on P/B's work with costume designer Marlène Weber, and a look at what I think is their SD costume for this season.

Custom Title
    Of course it was very good when they didn't blow their chance at bronze in 2012 like they did in 2011 and in fact was so good in the SD I believed third was wrong for them in the SD.

this team, and hope they have a great season!

Custom Title
    I like that they are different. Mind you these articles are not all that enlightening. I mean do you ever hear a skater not sounding at least enthusiastic about the season, programs and always the talk of improvement and how wonderful the programs are and suit them or are a different and artistic stretch. The fact of the matter is even if you can say everyone is improving some are improving faster. This team looks vulnerable if not for the improving Canadians W and P, Americans and I just sense one of the Russian teams could upset them by or at the Olympics. Life is about timing and i think 2011, 12 and maybe 13 if they hold on but I do think they will be passed by the Olympics. They could even be like that Israeli dance team that won bronnze and then went down like to 7th or 8th. Like the shibutanis although there was a fluke mistake that unravelled them.

Custom Title
    The Shibutanis are young and have lots to improve on but have time but P/B are getting up there in age and have probably peaked.

Banned
    I know they are veterans but I am getting a bit tired of them
    I want either Weaver/Poje or Ilinykh/Katsalapov to be in Top 3

What a terrific interview from Nathalie and Fabian. I really like their music choices. They both have a good mindset and strategy
    this season for success, I like that.

Custom Title
    It dould be somewhat remarkable if their thoughts (closer to second than to fourth) turned out to be true, imo.

Custom Title
    It could get ugly if W and P pass them this year as they skate together but I have to say P and B are getting a bit long in the tooth for me; weève seen and done it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Love them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Me too
    Me three!!! Allez, Nathalie et Fabian!

^^ I like that P/B are an older team and I'm not sure what you mean by seen and done it; they're definitely not a team that repeats itself or goes for obvious choices - unlike some.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    It dould be somewhat remarkable if their thoughts (closer to second than to fourth) turned out to be true, imo.
    It is factually correct that they were closer to D/W than to W/P at 2012 Worlds (though they didn't do as well at the WTT). Also, the off-season turmoil in Canton may impact Zoueva's teams, allowing both P/B and W/P to make up some ground.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Also, the off-season turmoil in Canton may impact Zoueva's teams, allowing both P/B and W/P to make up some ground.
    Buttercup, can I expect Nathalie/Fabian and Kaitlyn/Andrew, the TWO of my favorite dance teams, on the podium finish at Worlds this season, then?

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Buttercup, can I expect Nathalie/Fabian and Kaitlyn/Andrew, the TWO of my favorite dance teams, on the podium finish at Worlds this season, then?
    Probably not. But I do think that D/W may eventually regret staying with Marina rather than going with Igor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast