Anyone going? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anyone going?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Never too late to attend! I have two queen beds in my room but I snore (or so my wife says ;) Now that I can send you pics from my tablet, I will have to send you pics of beer.....wish I had more friends going to Omaha to eat with....we had fun at SA-Kent, didnt we?
Looove microbrews! Didn't realize Omaha had so many great breweries. Chris I hope you'll share your reports of the beer -- never been to Omaha, maybe the beer will motivate me to visit.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Alas, no car...I find them a hindrence at competitions anyway....
Sounds like Omaha is a drinking town with a skating problem!!!!!:laugh:

Don't ask me. I just pretend to understand the preference. I rarely drink beer, so I just don't comment.

If you will have a car in Omaha, there is a third local restaurant and brewery you might want to check out way in the western part of the city. Lazlo's: http://www.lazlosbreweryandgrill.com/

Their food is my favorite.

Their food is my favorite.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Never too late to attend! I have two queen beds in my room but I snore (or so my wife says ;) Now that I can send you pics from my tablet, I will have to send you pics of beer.....wish I had more friends going to Omaha to eat with....we had fun at SA-Kent, didnt we?

Wish I could be there. I had a great time at SA. Perhaps we can share a pint in Spokevegas sometime. I'm overdue for a visit.

Reginald

Match Penalty
What is the best website to get live results throughout the competition?

Will there be a live streaming of the novice and junior events?

mskater93

Record Breaker
www.icenetwork.com will be having live results. If you have an icenetwork account that you paid for, there will be live streaming of all events except for the final group of dance, pairs, men's and ladies (it might be final 2 groups)

louisa05

Final Flight
Is one of them The Omaha World-Herald? http://www.omaha.com/

It has published some coverage previewing US Nationals.

The World Herald is the only major newspaper in Omaha. It is a fairly good paper, too. It typically provides very good coverage for events held in the city, so I expect good coverage for Nationals. The website limits how many articles you can read per month without a subscription, so a bit of advice you did not hear from me: if you are using it for Nats articles or other info and hit the limit....leave the site, clear the cache on your computer and when you go back, your count will start over again.

louisa05

Final Flight
Have to throw in one more Old Market restaurant recommendation:

J's on Jackson is newly open. It is the third J's restaurant. The original is a favorite of ours in my husband's hometown which is about 30 miles from Omaha. Good food. Especially the homemade potato chips. Website: http://www.jssteakhouse.net/

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Thanks for the information. I have been reading the articles. It looks like they will do a good job.