Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    That's not the worst pronounciation of spaghetti I've ever seen.

My second cousin used to pronounce it piss-sketti.
    that's pretty typical of a lot of little kids.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    LOL but Doris, on this show, it's not real spaghetti. It's noodles, butter, and catsup.

Oh, creep me out! That's revolting. They're feeding a kid that.

I watched part of a video of them on YT (couldn't last through the whole thing) and I noticed that the mother is only 32 years old. That made me sad. Her body is decades older than she is.

The little girl has a very pretty face; you can see it even with the garish clothes and the round body. Just look at the contours of her features and the shape of her smile. But I don't imagine the pageant industry will find her cute in a few more years. What will her future be like?

I'm all for cultural variety, but these folks are closing out so many opportunities because of a lack of education and of just plain curiosity about life.

Even as I say that, though, I have to add that I'm not put off by things like the "redneck water slide" they made out of the tarp and the hose, or the coupon expertise. Those are great ways to get the most out of life. They also obviously enjoy being with one another, and they take care of one another. Nothing wrong with that!
    Last edited by Olympia; 10-08-2012 at 08:29 PM.

as long as they don't turn into the Gosselin's, then I don't care if they are making some extra money. Just as long as they spend it wisely and don't become addicted to becoming famous.

I generally refuse to watch these types of shows. I do admit that I recently started watching the Kardashian's but I'm determine to kick that habit, as I've come to realize that I don't like these people.... maybe Khloe and Lamar and Bruce. The others seem to be far too self-centered.

Custom Title
    The Kardashians...my only hope for them right now is that they are a lot more active in charity than the public knows. Otherwise, I can't imagine the emptiness of a life where you get richer selling nothing but your name and your face. And richer, and richer, and richer...just displaying yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    The Kardashians...my only hope for them right now is that they are a lot more active in charity than the public knows. Otherwise, I can't imagine the emptiness of a life where you get richer selling nothing but your name and your face. And richer, and richer, and richer...just displaying yourself.
    The 3 elder daughters have their clothing line and stores. Not sure how successful those ventures would be without the name recognition.... so, I guess I understand why they would want to be in the limelight. However,at some point, it's ok to toil outside the spotlight, as well as keeping your private life private. There are a lot of famous celebrity entreprenurs who are succesful and don't seek the spotlight, except as related to work. Of the 3, I think Kim will have the hardest time not living in the limelight.

It's all in the raising...

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Honey Boo Boo is a beautiful little girl. She reminds me of Shirley Temple. However, those girls (all of them, including the 1-year old born to the 16 year old) need to value their education. Pageant days, like figure skating days, are numbered. HBB met with Miss Georgia and told Miss Georgia her goal in life was to win Miss America. A great goal, but many of those girls competing for Miss America are also very educated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2