Here Comes Honey Boo Boo! | Golden Skate

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo!

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Anyone watch this show?

What is your opinion? A tribute to self confidence no matter who you are, or child exploitation?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I would have to be extremely bored to watch this show......42

I'm so depressed about all the stuff that gets on television INSTEAD OF SKATING. This past week they've been announcing on the USA cable network that they will now be showing three hours of wrestling a night. Three hours of men with hair extensions and oiled muscles bellowing and throwing one another to the ground. Last night two of the three major broadcast networks had football all night. And now stuff like this family who should be conducting their lives in the privacy of their own home. All I can say is, if I hadn't found GS, I would be in a deep decline.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
here's the thing - there's an audience for these shows/sports. and it's bigger, and conducts more $$... and it's far cheaper than what the ISU is charging for allowing coverage...

I understand that, Toni, though it doesn't make that easier to bear. Wouldn't you think that the ISU would figure out in 2012 what Henry Ford understood in 1908: that if you make a product cheaper, more people buy it, and you get more profit in the long run....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I dunno what their issue is...

but, I guess since growing up we couldn't get ABC on our tv (reception sucked) I am used to the "lack of coverage".

blue dog

Record Breaker
It's a great show, Olympia. Not for entertainment value, but it's almost like an anthropology lesson. People in Southern Georgia definitely have a culture all their own, and even a language all their own. Their English is almost...Shakespearean!

But, if you're going to take a look at it from a different standpoint, it reeks of child exploitation. It seems like the mother is peddling her kids for their backward ways. She's using her kids to get people to laugh at her mothering skills. They are a loving family, and they encourage having a good self-esteem, but it just...

And the cooking of food like sketti...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That's not the worst pronounciation of spaghetti I've ever seen.

My second cousin used to pronounce it piss-sketti.

blue dog

Record Breaker
LOL but Doris, on this show, it's not real spaghetti. It's noodles, butter, and catsup.

LOL but Doris, on this show, it's not real spaghetti. It's noodles, butter, and catsup.

Oh, creep me out! That's revolting. They're feeding a kid that.

I watched part of a video of them on YT (couldn't last through the whole thing) and I noticed that the mother is only 32 years old. That made me sad. Her body is decades older than she is.

The little girl has a very pretty face; you can see it even with the garish clothes and the round body. Just look at the contours of her features and the shape of her smile. But I don't imagine the pageant industry will find her cute in a few more years. What will her future be like?

I'm all for cultural variety, but these folks are closing out so many opportunities because of a lack of education and of just plain curiosity about life.

Even as I say that, though, I have to add that I'm not put off by things like the "redneck water slide" they made out of the tarp and the hose, or the coupon expertise. Those are great ways to get the most out of life. They also obviously enjoy being with one another, and they take care of one another. Nothing wrong with that!

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
as long as they don't turn into the Gosselin's, then I don't care if they are making some extra money. Just as long as they spend it wisely and don't become addicted to becoming famous.

I generally refuse to watch these types of shows. I do admit that I recently started watching the Kardashian's but I'm determine to kick that habit, as I've come to realize that I don't like these people.... maybe Khloe and Lamar and Bruce. The others seem to be far too self-centered.

The Kardashians...my only hope for them right now is that they are a lot more active in charity than the public knows. Otherwise, I can't imagine the emptiness of a life where you get richer selling nothing but your name and your face. And richer, and richer, and richer...just displaying yourself.

heyang

Record Breaker
The Kardashians...my only hope for them right now is that they are a lot more active in charity than the public knows. Otherwise, I can't imagine the emptiness of a life where you get richer selling nothing but your name and your face. And richer, and richer, and richer...just displaying yourself.

The 3 elder daughters have their clothing line and stores. Not sure how successful those ventures would be without the name recognition.... so, I guess I understand why they would want to be in the limelight. However,at some point, it's ok to toil outside the spotlight, as well as keeping your private life private. There are a lot of famous celebrity entreprenurs who are succesful and don't seek the spotlight, except as related to work. Of the 3, I think Kim will have the hardest time not living in the limelight.