American Dreams | Golden Skate

American Dreams

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I really do love this show. I was confused by something in tonight's episode. Will has undergone polio surgery, and his friend, Alex, who has undergone the same surgery, is not expected to live. Does anyone know why? What were the dangers and possible complications of this surgery? Thanks.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Rgal, I went back and rewatched last nights episode. I didn't know that Alex was hospitalized for the same thing as Will. I just thought that they were in the same ward.

This is one of my favorite shows too. When Sam's wife died I cried almost the whole show. I love all of the relationships between the characters. Who didn't go to school with a Roxanne, LOL? Meg running into JJ's friend was too cute. The look on her face was like "this isn't just my brother's friend anymore...... this is a GUY!" I was kind of disappointed that she chose Drew. Some of the guests on Bandstand may come off as corny("These Boots...is one of my least favorite songs of all time) but a brilliant idea, IMO.

Piel

Johar

Medalist
Cool! More fans of the show:D

I nearly bawled my eyes out when Jimmy Riley revealed to JJ that he is paralyzed. Sad, but realistic. My mom said she remembers Vietnam vets coming home in wheelchairs for the same reasons.

I felt mad that Patty was treating the kid at the pet store the way the popular snobs had treated her.

Drew is a hottie; I remember him as Trey on All My Children.

I believe Will's hospital friend has something entirely different wrong with him.

Roxanne and Luke have chemistry, if you noticed. It appears her boyfriend has dumped her--his calls have dwindled down if not completely stopped. She should go for Luke.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Every episode has something that takes me back to "the good old days" and then something that makes me say "I wouldn't want to be that age again for all of the money on the world". I think that Patty is in the situation where she is one of the smartest kids in the class which was especially hard for girls back then. Maybe she will have a "life lesson" moment and get over the high water pants, LOL.

Patti (spelled RIGHT!)

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I love this show too! I just think it has a lot of heart without being too sappy. I love the characters because they really aren't perfect people, but are good at heart.

I too was disappointed that Meg chose Drew. I don't know, there's something I don't like about him. (And Johar, I too remember him as Trey on AMC.)

I'm not sure I like Luke with Roxanne either. I guess I feel like if he and Meg had too little in common, then he and Roxanne would have even less in common. I like his character though.

I love Sam and I'm glad he chose Penn.

And it was surprising to see Jimmy Riley again and heartbreaking too. :(