Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast

Thread: State of American Ladies: 2012-13 Season

Custom Title
    Maybe they have been around, but I have never seen a video like this one of Ashley's lp at the Japan Open. At the bottom of the screen while she is executing an element the name of the element, the level and scores are given. I wish they were a lot more in this format.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIVZhCHV5iE
    Last edited by Icey; 02-03-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Maybe they have been around, but I have never seen a video like this one of Ashley's lp at the Japan Open. At the bottom of the screen while she is executing an element the name of the element, the level and scores are given. I wish they were a lot more in this format.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIVZhCHV5iE
    Yeah, I thought it was really useful too.

Banned
    now Im thinking if Zawadzki, I dislike her but since she is heavily overpromoted by US Fed and if she will be the highest ranked American skater at 4CC, will they her to Worlds, is that possible in the US ?

I'm doubtful of Wagner, she is having the Alissa Cizsny pattern
    2 hard falls in 2 competitions in a row, skipping 4CC's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    now Im thinking if Zawadzki, I dislike her but since she is heavily overpromoted by US Fed and if she will be the highest ranked American skater at 4CC, will they her to Worlds, is that possible in the US ?
    No. The U.S. Worlds team has already been announced. Wagner and Gold.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    No. The U.S. Worlds team has already been announced. Wagner and Gold.
    I know that what I mean replacing Wagner, I guess ts not possible
    as Wagner can sue right ?

I think at Worlds Gracie will place higher than Ashley
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 02-08-2013 at 03:29 AM.

I know that what I mean replacing Wagner, I guess ts not possible
    as Wagner can sue right ?
    I think she could. As far as I know the only time something like that happened was at the 1994 Olympics, when Tonya Harding threatened to sue if she was left off the U.S. team.

Anyway, USGFS would never replace Wagner with Zawadski (or Mirai).

Down With It

I'm doubtful of Wagner, she is having the Alissa Cizsny pattern
    2 hard falls in 2 competitions in a row, skipping 4CC's etc.
    Scary, isn't it?

The pattern continues...so does the curse.

I would also not rule out Gold being the higher finisher of the two at worlds...

And remember, Gold herself has issues in the short program. Don't know what to think...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Scary, isn't it?

The pattern continues...so does the curse.

I would also not rule out Gold being the higher finisher of the two at worlds...

And remember, Gold herself has issues in the short program. Don't know what to think...
    Im not really into curses but something to think about ? lol
    Wagner's chances of medaling atm at Worlds are slimmer than Gracie's

Custom Title
    I wouldn't count Ashley out just yet. She has time to get healthy and also she's not Alissa or Mirai. When it comes to being competitive she will fight right to the end. She might not knock it out of the ballpark every time but when she takes the ice she doesn't looked like she's ready to faint she takes charge.

Down With It
    Wagner's chances of medaling atm at Worlds are slimmer than Gracie's
    Now that I don't agree with...

If both are at their best I would still give Wagner the edge (street cred, edge in PCS).

But 95% chance that won't happen. Both have struggled at various points - it's just a matter of which Gold and which Wagner show up at worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I wouldn't count Ashley out just yet. She has time to get healthy and also she's not Alissa or Mirai. When it comes to being competitive she will fight right to the end. She might not knock it out of the ballpark every time but when she takes the ice she doesn't looked like she's ready to faint she takes charge.
    This. If she falls she looks briefly surprised and/or upset but then she looks determined and more or less keeps going as if the fall didn't happen. Sometimes she falls again, sure, but when she does it's pretty clear it's not because she has given up or become terrified. I will admit she lost some steam at the end of her LP at Nationals this year but I don't think that was her giving up or feeling defeated either- I think it was more physical.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    This. If she falls she looks briefly surprised and/or upset but then she looks determined and more or less keeps going as if the fall didn't happen. Sometimes she falls again, sure, but when she does it's pretty clear it's not because she has given up or become terrified. I will admit she lost some steam at the end of her LP at Nationals this year but I don't think that was her giving up or feeling defeated either- I think it was more physical.
    Yes, Ashley mentioned in espnW blog that she was overthinking the program and that she had run out of energy she had try to save up for the competition.

As for the Alissa curse....well a curse can be broken.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Getting onto the podium this year will be very difficult, mainly b/c the field is deeper this year than it was last year.

Yu-Na's back which means a spot on the podium is already gone...

Mao is on a hot streak of wins and (if that 3A materializes) she'll be very tough to beat...

Carolina is back with more content. Content + PCS + fabulous programs = podium

Ashley's been in a small slump but with proper rest and solid skates she's impossible to overlook.

Then you have the emerging stars:

Adelina's strong performances at Europeans prove that when she's good, she's a gold medal contender...

Liza T has been getting stronger all season and her jump content is among the best in the field...

Kaetlyn has a lot of momentum coming in and the fact she's skating on home turf means if she's good she'll get a boost...

Gracie's jumps are massive and if she hits them she'll score very well...

With strong skates, any one of those girls have the chance to sneak into the top 5.

Then you have the somewhat middle of the pack skaters who have the ability to score well depending on what others do: Akiko (who I feel should be in the top 5 but it's obvious from her scores this season the judges have no problems holding her down), Kanako, Agnes, Christina...plus the ones who don't get much attention but still have the ability to make a mark.

This is going to be a great competition, that's for sure. However, I'm not sure if Ashley and Gracie will be able to get back that 3rd spot this year. I guess we'll see...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Getting onto the podium this year will be very difficult, mainly b/c the field is deeper this year than it was last year.

Mao is on a hot streak of wins and (if that 3A materializes) she'll be very tough to beat...

Ashley's been in a small slump but with proper rest and solid skates she's impossible to overlook.

Adelina's strong performances at Europeans prove that when she's good, she's a gold medal contender...

Liza T has been getting stronger all season and her jump content is among the best in the field...

Kaetlyn has a lot of momentum coming in and the fact she's skating on home turf means if she's good she'll get a boost...

With strong skates, any one of those girls have the chance to sneak into the top 5.

Then you have the somewhat middle of the pack skaters who have the ability to score well depending on what others do: Akiko (who I feel should be in the top 5 but it's obvious from her scores this season the judges have no problems holding her down), Kanako, Agnes, Christina...plus the ones who don't get much attention but still have the ability to make a mark.

This is going to be a great competition, that's for sure. However, I'm not sure if Ashley and Gracie will be able to get back that 3rd spot this year. I guess we'll see...
    Agnes and Christina are going to be at Worlds?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post

You're overview shows that this is going to be one of the most exciting Worlds in recent years. There Worlds champions, two Americans with a good shot of getting us 3 spots for the Olympics, and the up-and-coming Russian dynamos we have been following for a couple of years now. It's a shame that only three of these talented women can medal.

Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast