Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: State of American Ladies: 2012-13 Season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Despite Alissa not skating at this year's nationals there is still lots to cheer about. Sure we will miss Alissa's race and beauty - probably the best in the US at the least maybe in the world.
    Face? There will be other caucasian women at Nationals

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I think Skater Boy meant to type "grace" instead of "race".

Banned
    Czisny should have worn a Miki Ando mask at the 2011 Worlds and Miki Ando a Czisny mask. I bet Czisny would have won and Ando finished lower than Czisnys 5th place if that were the case, even for the exact same performances both gave (note I am not saying Czisny deserved to win the 2011 Worlds, just as Ando sure as hell didnt).

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    One of the funniest typos I've ever read. But a terrific example of why everyone should proofread.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Czisny should have worn a Miki Ando mask at the 2011 Worlds and Miki Ando a Czisny mask. I bet Czisny would have won and Ando finished lower than Czisnys 5th place if that were the case, even for the exact same performances both gave (note I am not saying Czisny deserved to win the 2011 Worlds, just as Ando sure as hell didnt).
    Miki's jumps are a lot better. That's only why she won, Yuna messed up the SP and then Ando racked up a bunch of points doing a bunch of +GOE triples in the 2nd half of her FS. That's COP for you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Miki's jumps are a lot better. That's only why she won, Yuna messed up the SP and then Ando racked up a bunch of points doing a bunch of +GOE triples in the 2nd half of her FS. That's COP for you.
    In the LP both Kim and Ando had 5 triples. The difference was the jump Ando missed (doubling and stumbling out of the triple toe) was worth less points than the jump Kim missed (singling the triple flip), and Kim missed a single double jump on the back end of a combination by singling out and also losing out on the positive GOE she would normally get because of it, had she done the simple double toe well she wins even with the singled flip, only 5 triples, and her mistake in the short program. Ando also seemed to find the codes loopholes better and had a smarter jump layout as even without doing a triple-triple her base value was much higher (I think something like 6 points higher), although that has something to do with Kim popping two jumps into singles as well. Those were Ando's only advantage as Kim got as high or higher GOEs on all her completed elements (including the jumps, remember Ando has no edge on Kim here like she does on most skaters) and as usual higher PCS. In the SP Kim did only a triple-double and stumbled out/fell on her triple lutz and still outscored Ando who skated cleanly so the judges still considered her the better skater, it was only her making more mistakes that allowed Ando to win. Ando's other World title in 2007 was even more aided by significant errors by Kim, and that time Ando had to skate cleanly to even take advantage (and also aided by Asada's missed combination in the short, a downgraded triple and two two footed jumps in the long, and she still barely won over Mao).

Anyway Kim is irrelevant to what I said, of course Ando has better jumps than Czisny, and better basic skating but Czisny has much better spins, spirals, better programs generally, and superior musical interpretation, style, and line. It is a shame the judges did not reward her for those things at Worlds by comparision due to her lack of name, even in her career year and after great performances at both the GP final and Nationals. There is no way she should have not have atleast medaled at the 2011 Worlds over Kostner and Leonova given the performances, and if she were wearing a Yu Na Kim or Miki Ando mask she might well have won given how they skated. Yu Na Kim does mediocre spirals and gets +3s in GOE on them sometimes, while Czisny does stunning ones and sometimes only gets +1s GOE. Yu Na also was scored much higher on spins in Vancouver than Nagasu which frankly makes no sense, of course she still deserved to crush Nagasu there overall considering everything else, even with how great Nagasu also was there, but on spins alone Nagasu should have atleast gained equally as many points. Miki Ando skates around the ice on two foot with almost no transitioners, and mostly ugly posture and line, and still gets huge PCS. The sport is still foul when it comes to scoring, even with a new judging system.
    Last edited by pangtongfan; 01-20-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Will the US automatically send the top two finishers at nationals to the World Team Trophy?

I wold like to see Mirai and Christina go, because they've never been.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Anyway Kim is irrelevant to what I said, of course Ando has better jumps than Czisny, and better basic skating but Czisny has much better spins, spirals, better programs generally, and superior musical interpretation, style, and line. It is a shame the judges did not reward her for those things at Worlds by comparision due to her lack of name, even in her career year and after great performances at both the GP final and Nationals. There is no way she should have not have atleast medaled at the 2011 Worlds over Kostner and Leonova given the performances, and if she were wearing a Yu Na Kim or Miki Ando mask she might well have won given how they skated. Yu Na Kim does mediocre spirals and gets +3s in GOE on them sometimes, while Czisny does stunning ones and sometimes only gets +1s GOE. Yu Na also was scored much higher on spins in Vancouver than Nagasu which frankly makes no sense, of course she still deserved to crush Nagasu there overall considering everything else, even with how great Nagasu also was there, but on spins alone Nagasu should have atleast gained equally as many points. Miki Ando skates around the ice on two foot with almost no transitioners, and mostly ugly posture and line, and still gets huge PCS. The sport is still foul when it comes to scoring, even with a new judging system.
    Czisny got plenty of GOE for her spins. Her step seq sucked. Her PCS are almost the same as Kostner, which is really wrong.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SP_Scores.pdf

In the LP, she did what she could in the spins, but her step seq sucked again. Her jumps aren't ever going to get her good GOE.
    Ando was the cleanest and should beat Czisny. Kim, Kostner also had much better programs, and should handily beat her. Leonova beat her in the SP despite having almost 2 PCS points deficit. And didn't make any major error like Czisny did in the LP.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._FS_Scores.pdf

Nobody robbed Czisny. Her PCS was way too high compare to Kostner. Kostner got level 4 stepseq + huge GOE. Are you kidding about Czisny placing above Kostner and Leonova? Under what planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Will the US automatically send the top two finishers at nationals to the World Team Trophy?

I wold like to see Mirai and Christina go, because they've never been.
    The rule is that the U.S. champion automatically gets to go. There is a strong tradition that they go right down the line if they have more than one spot, but the tules allow the federation to take other factors into account, like results at international competitions. This hardly ever happens, though.

Reginald is talking about WTT, not Worlds. WTT usually goes down the line in asking. Last year, Zhang, Zawadski, Nagasu, Gao were all asked and refused because of timing of WTT in the season.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Former figure skating champion Rachael Flatt on coming back after injury

Caveat: The Stanford Daily's headline (for a nice article) seems a little misleading to me. Flatt does not guarantee that she will make a comeback.
    Excerpt:
    “At this point it’s just a day-by day thing,” Flatt said. “I’m not entirely sure if I will be able to return and compete again, which would be disappointing, but I really hope I can get back out there and do some more work.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Thank you! She sounds happy.

I hope what people are saying about US figure skating trying to sideline her is not true. That would be very foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Former figure skating champion Rachael Flatt on coming back after injury

Caveat: The Stanford Daily's headline (for a nice article) seems a little misleading to me. Flatt does not guarantee that she will make a comeback.
    Excerpt:
    “At this point it’s just a day-by day thing,” Flatt said. “I’m not entirely sure if I will be able to return and compete again, which would be disappointing, but I really hope I can get back out there and do some more work.
    Glad Rachael is doing well --not that I expected to hear otherwise! It sounds like she's enjoying school and has no regrets about her career. I'm really glad she has such a great attitude.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Sure we will miss Alissa's race and beauty...
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Face? There will be other caucasian women at Nationals
    Harken while I plead my case!
    Alissa C. is fair of face,
    Stout of heart and full of grace,
    Oh she's a credit to her race.
    Last edited by roundboypete; 01-25-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast