Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1147

Thread: State of American Ladies: 2012-13 Season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by guanchi View Post
    We're not good enough to realistically get 6 and 7, unless Akiko and one of the russians falter. If they both do bad, we could sneak in there.
    The problem is Osmond. On home ice, she could be buoyed by the crowd and give a lights out performance. Then we have no chance, esp. if she ups her jump content and conditioning in the long.
    Sotnikova is so inconsistent though. She's lost to Osmond, Gao, and Radinova this season. She skated well at Euros but that's just one competition. Although I guess Gold is the same way - one great FS at US Nats and a good SP at COR but the rest hasn't been stellar. Osmond also struggled a lot at 4CC. Predicting the outcome is hard when much of the field is quite inconsistent.

Sotnikova's Euros was a fluke
    Gracie has a chance t get top 5 or bronze at Worlds
    her biggest competition for Top 5 at Worlds will be from Osmond who is guaranteed
    home ground inflation even with her 2 falls might score 180+ in Canada

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Sotnikova's Euros was a fluke
    Gracie has a chance t get top 5 or bronze at Worlds
    her biggest competition for Top 5 at Worlds will be from Osmond who is guaranteed
    home ground inflation even with her 2 falls might score 180+ in Canada
    Gracie even if she skates lights out won't medal at Worlds. With her tech content she might make the top 5 though since only Kim will have as tough a program technically. At this point i just want her to skate clean and not have that deer in the headlights look on her face. We've seen that look to many times in the last 4 years with Mirai and Alissa. We don't need yet another talented skater who can't compete when the pressure's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Gracie even if she skates lights out won't medal at Worlds. With her tech content she might make the top 5 though since only Kim will have as tough a program technically. At this point i just want her to skate clean and not have that deer in the headlights look on her face. We've seen that look to many times in the last 4 years with Mirai and Alissa. We don't need yet another talented skater who can't compete when the pressure's on.
    Mao, Yuna, Carolina might have a legitimate shot at a medal
    but the others lets weight in the others
    Murakami - sure wont get that much score at Worlds, her UR's were generous in Japan
    Suzuki has been hot n cold at the near of this season same for Ashley
    Adelina - unless she can skate like at Euros an dprove to me she is not a headcase
    Tuk - she has a shot in Top 5 I guess but she has a long history of terrible SP's and thus have to mountain climb in FS
    so that leaves Osmond as her big competitor, surely will score 70+ in SP if clean with Canadian Bonus, and with Osmonds 2 falls in LP will score 120+ again inflated by home ground.

Custom Title
    Mao, Yuna, Carolina might have a legitimate shot at a medal
    but the others lets weight in the others
    Murakami - sure wont get that much score at Worlds, her UR's were generous in Japan
    Suzuki has been hot n cold at the near of this season same for Ashley
    Adelina - unless she can skate like at Euros an dprove to me she is not a headcase
    Tuk - she has a shot in Top 5 I guess but she has a long history of terrible SP's and thus have to mountain climb in FS
    so that leaves Osmond as her big competitor, surely will score 70+ in SP if clean with Canadian Bonus, and with Osmonds 2 falls in LP will score 120+ again inflated by home ground.
    Brrrr!!!Hope not!Osmond grows on me but if that'll be the case, I don't know...Hope there won't be super inflation. She is not better than Rus girls to get such marks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Sotnikova is so inconsistent though. She's lost to Osmond, Gao, and Radinova this season. She skated well at Euros but that's just one competition. Although I guess Gold is the same way - one great FS at US Nats and a good SP at COR but the rest hasn't been stellar. Osmond also struggled a lot at 4CC. Predicting the outcome is hard when much of the field is quite inconsistent.
    Sotnikova IS inconsistent BUT if skates clean - they won't beat her without inflation, I'm sure 100000%. Her jumps, spins, presentation, ss...She is a complete package if clean

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Brrrr!!!Hope not!Osmond grows on me but if that'll be the case, I don't know...Hope there won't be super inflation. She is not better than Rus girls to get such marks.
    sad but this might be the case
    Osmond is a lock in Top 5 even with her 2 falls in FS being the hometown girl

Custom Title
    Sotnikova IS inconsistent BUT if skates clean - they won't beat her without inflation, I'm sure 100000%. Her jumps, spins, presentation, ss...She is a complete package if clean
    I completely agree, I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise. When she's on, she's fabulous, it's just that she usually runs hot and cold. Euros was a good step forward for her though so I hope it gives her confidence going into Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I completely agree, I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise. When she's on, she's fabulous, it's just that she usually runs hot and cold. Euros was a good step forward for her though so I hope it gives her confidence going into Worlds.
    Now as I read all this stuff about Gracie, I recall me writing about Adelina XD That she will always fall and so on...I'm sure Gracie and Adelina both will be alright, just give them time.
    But I still don't buy this fluff about Sotnikova regaining her consistency after 1 competition..Hope I'm wrong

Custom Title
    sad but this might be the case
    Osmond is a lock in Top 5 even with her 2 falls in FS being the hometown girl
    If she skates lights out of the building..ok)
    At least this Worlds will be more interesting than last year's...Fight for bronze XD and 4,5 places)

Custom Title
    Gold and Wagner have a good shot to regain three spots for the US heading into the Olympic year. However, a lot depends on the three Russian ladies, Korpi and Osmond and assuming they can hold off a flukish Elene G and the Chinese lady. They will have first of all to deal with the big three Carolina, Yuna and Mao. Then you have Wagner battling Suzuki and just behind 2/3 Russian ladies (Liza and Adeline), Kanako and Osmond to battle Gold. 3rd of 4th by Wagner and 8th or 9th or in the right equation 10th is more than doable for Gold. Gold has to beat some of them though - Yuna, 3 Japanese ladies, 3 Russian ladies, Osmond, Korpi, Chinese lady - one would think she is more than capable of beating Osmond, all the Russians and the third Japanese lady as well as Korpi and the Chinese lady.

Miserere Nobis
    If she skates lights out of the building..ok)
    At least this Worlds will be more interesting than last year's...Fight for bronze XD and 4,5 places)
    This. Osmond will be in the Top 5 if (in the words of Phil Hersh) she blows the doors off of the building. I simply don't see her as a realistic contender against the likes of Kim, Asada (and her 8-triple FS), Suzuki, Tuktamysheva, Wagner, Korpi, etc. Not to mention that 4CC showed some of Kaetlyn's consistency issues, too. At Worlds, when she's singly responsible for regaining Canada's 2 spots, who knows how she'll fare?

Down With It
    (Briefly, since this thread is about AMERICAN women) I see Osmond as Canada's version of Gracie Gold. Both Osmond and Gold can place top 5, but they must be ON. Both have showed great potential but both have shown signs of cracking under the pressure their respective feds place on them.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    (Briefly, since this thread is about AMERICAN women) I see Osmond as Canada's version of Gracie Gold. Both Osmond and Gold can place top 5, but they must be ON. Both have showed great potential but both have shown signs of cracking under the pressure their respective feds place on them.
    I would argue that Kaetlyn has it even worse than Gracie. At least Gracie will be under the wing of the reigning US champion, Ashley Wagner, who's had previous Worlds experience. Kaetlyn will be utterly on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I would argue that Kaetlyn has it even worse than Gracie. At least Gracie will be under the wing of the reigning US champion, Ashley Wagner, who's had previous Worlds experience. Kaetlyn will be utterly on her own.
    Maybe it won't be that bad. Chan, Virtue and Moir, Duhamel and Radford, Shawn Sawyer can give her confidence-building hugs.

Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast