Jeanette's not at Europeans: petition is on! | Golden Skate

Jeanette's not at Europeans: petition is on!

swissskate

Rinkside
Stanick Jeanette has not been selectioned 4 European Championships, despite his third place at french Nationals held just before Christmas. The 3 selectioned skaters are Brain Joubert, Frédéric Dambier and Damien Djorjevic. The 2 substitutes are samuel Contesti and Alban Préaubert. A petition is on to protest again this decision here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/sj060377/petition.html

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
swissskate said:
Stanick Jeanette has not been selectioned 4 European Championships, despite his third place at french Nationals held just before Christmas. The 3 selectioned skaters are Brain Joubert, Frédéric Dambier and Damien Djorjevic. The 2 substitutes are samuel Contesti and Alban Préaubert. A petition is on to protest again this decision here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/sj060377/petition.html

Swissskate, we are talking about the French Federation...

CassidyL

Rinkside
Geez, I'm sure their constitution, like pretty much all others, says they can select whatever team they want.

I'm not a member of the French fed anyway so I think it is inappropriate to try and dictated their business. If you want to see him, I could see you having a petition to have a commercial touring show like SOI, or Daniel Weiss' if in Europe, sign him but that's about it.

Just my opinion...........

I'm sorry for Stannik but c'est la vie.

I am sure the USFSA will send Kwan, Cohen, Goebel, Weiss to the Worlds no matter how they skate unless there is a total meltdown. There may even be some play with the 3rd placers similar to Stannik.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m sorry for him, liked his Little Prince from past season very much. He appears to be not even as a substitute, and that tells something.

Marjaana

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Sorry- this is ot

Didn't the French Federation refuse to send the National Champion one year? Was that Bonaly or Laetitia H?

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Ladies' National Champ

SusanBeth said:
Sorry- this is ot

Didn't the French Federation refuse to send the National Champion one year? Was that Bonaly or Laetitia H?

It was Hubert. Bonaly was a silver medalist and they refused send her to worlds in 1997. They sent Gusmeroli and Hubert.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Re: Ladies' National Champ

thisthingcalledlove said:
It was Hubert. Bonaly was a silver medalist and they refused send her to worlds in 1997. They sent Gusmeroli and Hubert.

I didn't know that. Sad for Bonaly, but I guess it wasn't a bad decision considering Gusmeroli ended up medaling at those Worlds and got 3 spots for the French Ladies at the Olympics.