Ladies SP JGP Sencila Bled Cup 2012 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP JGP Sencila Bled Cup 2012

euroskate

Final Flight
I just saw the videos and i am surprised no one talked about hicks scores up to now. Well poor girl popping the Combo, almost falling out of Layback double footing flip and haveing troubles in steps.... AND ending up in 6th place ?!?! sooo lucky. I mean she got the 2nd best PCS for THIS ?!?! She was totally held up with the scores. That´s just not fair for some of the girls behind her. or am I totaly wrong on this:think:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just saw the videos and i am surprised no one talked about hicks scores up to now. Well poor girl popping the Combo, almost falling out of Layback double footing flip and haveing troubles in steps.... AND ending up in 6th place ?!?! sooo lucky. I mean she got the 2nd best PCS for THIS ?!?! She was totally held up with the scores. That´s just not fair for some of the girls behind her. or am I totaly wrong on this:think:

There were very, very few clean skates in either the ladies' field or the men's field yesterday.

The one girl I felt was significantly robbed was Gabriella Josefsson. Maybe Xiaowen Guo who went clean (but with a 2F and 3T2t combo), and skated really, really slow, but I felt Joseffson should have been ahead of Guo, because with the same content (2F, 3t2t) she just skated better.

For one thing, although her combo was not there today, Courtney's final spin was still super amazing, and I would have given it +3; the judges only +2. She didn't fall. Most of the girls behind her did (1 point to Courtney there). And she skates very fast. And only 2 judges called negative GOE on the flip, so apparently they didn't see the double foot. This is not surprising. And it was a triple flip. A lot of the girls behind her did a double. With so much fog in the arena, there were a lot of slight double footed jumps that went uncalled throughout the competition-the judges have to have had a heck of a time, as did we.

Versus Sato, who was immediately behind her, Sato fell on her 2A and also popped her combination. Then you had Shershak- who did a 3t3t and fell on it and a double flip, and also only got level 2 on one spin and level 3 on each of the other two spins, and level 2 footwork.

As I said, there were not a lot of good performances in the ladies' sp.