Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Men's LP JGP Sencila Bled Cup 2012

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I'm worried about Han Yan, he needs to win his next JGP (beating kovtun and chen) to qualify for the final... I hope this was just an off-day and he'll perform well...
    Actually even if he wins he might not qualify. Hino has a 3rd and a 2nd which would slot him in ahead of Yan regardless of what happens in Croatia, and Chen would also qualify ahead of Yan if he is 4th or higher in Croatia, so if that happens the sum of Kovtun's finishes are 5 or less, then Han Yan, even with a win next week, would not make the cut and the JGPF entrants would be Farris, Brown, Jin, Chen, Kovtun, and Hino. And that's disregarding any other guys who have medaled at their first event but have yet to compete at their second (Samarin, etc). So we will see what happens. I think he just had an off competition, but even if he's back to his usual form next week, qualifying for the JGPF is really in the hands of the others.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy15 View Post
    I agree with you on everything you said about Uno's PCS. Not everyone can skate to such oriental, zen music and make it interesting. Although, that being said, he did make an inane mistake on the Double Axel. Had he not done so, perhaps his PCS would have been higher.
    On a side note, does anyone know what happened to He Zhang? I really enjoyed his skating last season and am wondering where he is now? His name does not appear to be on any of the entry lists in the final two JGPs...
    Also, what is going on with Han Yan? He seems to be exhausted and unfocussed, perhaps even ill.
    Better yet, what is going on with all the Chinese men???
    He Zhang got injured before JGP started, he withdrawn from Courchevel and Linz. As for Yan, although he denies it, he has been suffering from a chronic lower back pain, which has gotten worse recently. He clarified on his weibo that there was nothing wrong -- he just had a bad skate.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    How old is Boyang Jin? Because he has VERY juniorish presentation and looks like he's going through the motions. Great tech though.
    Boyang Jin was born on October 3, 1997, so he will turn 15 in 3 days. I think his presentation is not that bad. He just has bad skating skills which makes it difficult for him to present. Many Chinese fans hope he’ll improve on SS.

Custom Title
    Rather Tanaka (multiple 3A), Han Yan(4T), Shoma Uno (extremely nice skating) lost, than Samarin won.

Samarin had a clean skating of not very high level.

Joke: Samarin is not disguised Lena Radionova - Lena could not have so low GOE.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Rather Tanaka (multiple 3A), Han Yan(4T), Shoma Uno (extremely nice skating) lost, than Samarin won.

Samarin had a clean skating of not very high level.

Joke: Samarin is not disguised Lena Radionova - Lena could not have so low GOE.
    Samarin doesn't have that much low GOE's though his GOE's are not that higher than Radionova, he landed 6 Triples on FS except for that 3Lz-3T edge call,
    I think Samarin usually flutzes needs to be fixed
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 10-01-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I believe every lutz he tried got a call, and without looking at his program, and ignoring the steps/turns prior to the jumps, I would have said his LP had no flutzes and several flips. It's a pretty solid flutz.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I believe every lutz he tried got a call
    In fact - 2 of 3.

Custom Title
    We know that at this Event Samarin was a substitute for last moment, he arose only at "Online results".
    Why?

At August this year he had surgery of appendicitis, and for last moment doctors did not make final decision, may he compete or not.
    Decision was made a day before flight to competition - at last possible moment. Not because before this moment were real problems, but to have a varranty that his health will not suffer.

It's good to know that care was being taken for his health.

Custom Title
    Not only his.

Ordinary skaters in Russia have physical examination once a season (before the season, to have right for training and competitions). Members of Team Russia - four times the year, each three months. More intense skating - more often testing of health.

AlexRus, The different philosophies of federations on health checks might make a good thread. What do you think?

Custom Title
    Situation is not simple.
    In Russia Federation's efforts are not enough. It is what to discuss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2