Thread: Can Sotnikova overcome the pressure?

Threaded View

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    For me, growth spurt means more than just height. She's definitely filling out as well -- she looks a lot different than she did when she won the 2011 World Junior title.
    Yes. People whom I know and who sees her often tell that she is now much bigger than at 2010/11 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    A little story. When I was outside the hotel bar on Sunday night, I got a chance to get Adelina's autograph, she was quite friendly. But after all the fans got photos and autographs, she walked quickly away with her hoodie over her head. I don't think it's because she didn't want to deal with her fans, but more that she was your typical teenager who didn't want to be seen publicly. Sometimes we forget that these skaters are still teenagers and still dealing with their own issues with their bodies and what not.
    She is quite friendly with much younger than she, unknown for her skaters who want to talk with her.

It may be forgotten how young are skaters if seeing them only on ice. I know that even 8-years-old skater on ice may look as serious, almost senior skater (only with lower technical level). Not on the ice this skater is a child whose interests and behaviour are typical for his/her age.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 10-24-2012 at 06:16 AM.