Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Can Sotnikova overcome the pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Its 1 more than Sotnikova has managed in the last 18 months. And Gracie has skated quite a few other clean programs during that period as well.

Sotnikova has so much talent. It really is so frustrating that she cannot pull it all together. If she ever does, I will be ecstatic!
    The part about how Gracie has had other clean programs during that period is part of why I don't think this counts as her 'turning it all around'- I don't think she was that far gone to begin with.

In any case, though, I think we basically agree then.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Its 1 more than Sotnikova has managed in the last 18 months. And Gracie has skated quite a few other clean programs during that period as well.

Sotnikova has so much talent. It really is so frustrating that she cannot pull it all together. If she ever does, I will be ecstatic!
    I think you'll need to wait maybe a few years before she can make a clean program
    Adelina Sotnikova = Maria Butyrskaya 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I think you'll need to wait maybe a few years before she can make a clean program
    I think your right

Custom Title
    I have an impression that Gracie Gold skates well when she has nothing to loose. After her disaster in Canada she had nothing to loose and skated clean, tomorrow is another story. It's too early to say anything about her consistency and/or fighting spirit.
    As for Adelina, I don't think her problem today was her nerves. She singled that flip second time in a raw, I think she doesn't feel comfortable with it somehow. TAT said she needs to change the entrance to that jump, I guess she is right. And she is only 16, it's her first full senior season, she is still growing after all. Just give her some rest, I'm sure with more experience she will get it together and finally skate to her ability

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I have an impression that Gracie Gold skates well when she has nothing to loose. After her disaster in Canada she had nothing to loose and skated clean, tomorrow is another story. It's too early to say anything about her consistency and/or fighting spirit.
    As for Adelina, I don't think her problem today was her nerves. She singled that flip second time in a raw, I think she doesn't feel comfortable with it somehow. TAT said she needs to change the entrance to that jump, I guess she is right. And she is only 16, it's her first full senior season, she is still growing after all. Just give her some rest, I'm sure with more experience she will get it together and finally skate to her ability
    Have you seen her programs from Nats and Jr Worlds last season? She had everything to lose, and also in the SP today. One more disaster and people really would be tossing her into the reject pile.
    Last edited by ForeverFish; 11-09-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Miserere Nobis
    Sotnikova either needs to scrap the 3F or study the video of her SP to see where exactly she lost it. The fact that she doesn't know what happened makes me think that there's some tiny technical error that her coach should be able to identify, but if it happens again, it would be much less of a risk to replace it with something else.
    Last edited by ForeverFish; 11-09-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    This really makes no sense.
    Last edited by Blades of Passion; 11-09-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Custom Title
    I don't agree with this. Maria was a complete mess when she would make her mistakes, whereas Adelina can recover well and still deliver a medal winning performance.

Custom Title
    I didn't think sotnikova would ever get as bad as she was today. She is on a fast downward spiral that needs to be stopped. Total career intervention needs to happen to find out what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I didn't think sotnikova would ever get as bad as she was today. She is on a fast downward spiral that needs to be stopped. Total career intervention needs to happen to find out what is going on.
    That FS today was truly terrible - she looked absolutely terrified before she even started. The Russian Fed need to invest in a sports psychologist for her, because at the moment she simply cannot handle it and its getting out of control.

Custom Title
    She adores her coach...And believes, trusts her decisions her completely.=(

Banned
    she just cannot atm, Im afraid she will embarass herself if she goes to the Olympics
    my money is on Liza and Julia, they are fighters

The only one who's good enough for the Olympics so far is Julia, Liza didn't even medal yet and Adelina just keeps skating sloppy and all.Nevertheless Julia is still 14, i highly doubt she will perform that great next year considering what happened to Liza this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    The only one who's good enough for the Olympics so far is Julia, Liza didn't even medal yet and Adelina just keeps skating sloppy and all.Nevertheless Julia is still 14, i highly doubt she will perform that great next year considering what happened to Liza this year.
    huh ? Liza was coming back from an injury and she placed 4th at skate Canada after her not so good SP, she fought back on her LP
    she was had the 3rd highest FS minus her fall on the lutz

Miserere Nobis
    huh ? Liza was coming back from an injury and she placed 4th at skate Canada after her not so good SP, she fought back on her LP
    she was had the 3rd highest FS minus her fall on the lutz
    According to Mishin, Liza is also struggling with the body changes associated with puberty--I believe he said that it's "a difficult time for a young girl." She was considerably heavier-looking at SC than she had been last year, and seemed exhausted.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast