Asada skating to Swan Lake? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Asada skating to Swan Lake?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It's expected that an Olympic season has new programs.

not always. Sale and Pelletier's Love Storywas a program from a previous year and I believe Evan Lysacek reused Carmen in 2006 from the 2005 season. If Swan Lake works for her, and I expect it will, I don't see the harm in using it again.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not always. Sale and Pelletier's Love Storywas a program from a previous year and I believe Evan Lysacek reused Carmen in 2006 from the 2005 season. If Swan Lake works for her, and I expect it will, I don't see the harm in using it again.

no Carmen was debuted at 2006 nationals... he reused it the following season. his original FP was to the music from Grease.

There are times when using the same program as the previous year is almost by popular demand. In 1992, was it? Mishkutenok and Dmitriev skated their Liebestraum from the year before. It was a masterpiece, one of Tamara Moskvina's best creations ever, and I think people would have been disappointed with a new program for the Olympic year. I seem to recall that in 2002, Sale/Pelletier actually started the season with another long program and then went back to Love Story. I know I wasn't the only one who greeted that decision with delight.

So if Mao comes up with a gorgeous Swan Lake this season and wants to use it again, I'll be in the cheering section (with many other people, I'm sure). In fact, I'd love to start a petition for Davis and White to revive Die Fledermaus for next season. They can do whatever they like for this season, but Fledermaus for '14!

mskater93

Record Breaker

S&P were *almost* punished for recycling Love Story (initially, they were with a Silver medal). Orchid had not been well received that season. Lysacek's situation was similar in that the program was not well received and he hadn't skated Carmen that long.

As I said it is "expected" that a top contender would have a new program, not that it "always" happens.

mary01

Final Flight
does anyone know when Mao will officially announce her sp and fs? I am really curious to know what her sp music choice will be?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I love this choice...Wagner and Mao, battling swans at Sochi. Revived programs are a great way to do the Olympics now.

inskate

On the Ice
does anyone know when Mao will officially announce her sp and fs? I am really curious to know what her sp music choice will be?

The FS has already been officially announced. The SP is going to be an "entertaining program skated to musical-like music", choreo by Lori Nichol. Perhaps the music will be announced during Japan Open? If not, on 30th October "Mao Asada Skating Music" CD will be released, which will contain Mao's music for this season. It can be preordered here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...N=B008VURH16&linkCode=shr&tag=figure-skate-22
Once the CD is released, the track list will be posted. ;)

BTW Mao just did a run-through of her program at Japan Open. Her jumping layout during the RT was: 3Lo, 2A-3T, 3F, 3Lz, 3S, 3Lo-2Lo, 3F-2Lo-2Lo. She also practiced her 3A in the place she planed her 2A-3T. ( from @sn_figure, translated by Shikure@BoI).

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I'm happy to see 3F-2L-2L('Tano) back, this time out of steps and landed as the final jumping pass! :)

Accoring to this Tweet: https://twitter.com/Amy_f_Amy/status/254230810914328576 Mao's LP is good enough for Olympics and her SP is to "I Got Rhythm". There is no official confirmation yet, but Mao's decription of her SP would match IGR. :)

Sounds exciting...a Gershwin is something she hasn't done before. This season is going to be goooood!! Looking forward to Mao's 'Rhythm'.

Gershwin? Wow! Tremendous. He's a wonderful composer--many people think the greatest one ever to come out of the U.S. (me included!), and her light touch and quickness will be perfect for him.