Asada skating to Swan Lake? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Asada skating to Swan Lake?

janetfan

Match Penalty

I just watched - and loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8AjG4VKyTA

I thought I was watching a 6.0 program (my highest compliment ;)) because so much of the program seemed to be about the music rather than so many clunky CoP movements only put in to score points.

The steps capture the character of the music so well and enhance the program. I also loved the slower section - with it's feeling of intimacy - and the use of the outside-inside spread eagles - simple and yet so elegant :love:

Nice to see Mao skating so beautifully and......smiling again.

Last edited:

Bartek

On the Ice
Not only is Mao back on top with this program but also TAT. The choreography she made is beautiful but still very CoP-friendly. TAT is still in the game. I love this program.

mary01

Final Flight
I really love Mao's swan lake she really has a very different and uniq program, I looooove the transitions, and all the details in the program, everything fit perfectly with the music and her timing is incredible. she is soo gentle to the ice, and does everything so elegantly on the ice, makes one forget that this is a sport and competition one is watching. my heart skipped a few beats while she was skating lol :love::love::points::eek::

Last edited:
Hooray for Mao! My favorite part is the footwork sequence, especially the part that is where a ballerina playing the Black Swan would do the fouettes. The whirling that Mao does there is a perfect way to "translate" the fouettes to ice skating.

Suddenly I'm thrilled about the upcoming season.

Bartek

On the Ice
Of course Mao does a brilliant job with this Swan Lake but some credit should also go to TAT for making the choreography. She put all the transitions between the jumps and choreographed such a beautiful step sequence which is very difficult technically and matches the music at the same time. So many details going with the theme of the music. And then add to this Mao's natural line and posture, add her flexibility and grace and you have almost perfect Swan. Almost because the perfect one is Sasha :).

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just loved this program. Brava for Mao! And Tarasova did an amazing job with the choreography -- Mao looked so joyous....she certainly deserves to feel this way after the horrible year she had last year.

Love her!